Note to New Members ×

And they say hardbooters made snowboarding look uncool...

Jack M

And what the HECK are those things???....water-skis????
Bert Lamar's board had the funky nose to facilitate grabs. The Sims was a popular freestyle model back in the day - that day being the late 80s. My 1710 Blade was the alpine version of that, same colour scheme. Those bindings were one of the reasons I switched to hard boots - beyond painful, especially paired with the skiboot liners in Sorels combo I was rocking at the time.

What WAS it with NEON colors back then???

Those same colors are pretty much the rage this year in all the 'cool' guys outerwear. Even the Look board graphic on the left is copied almost identically by a company. Maybe Stepchild?

jeeez jack, i haven't seen a male MOOSE knuckle like that since jd lost a bet at the bitta end bahr :boxing_sm

Yeah. The junk on display was a big part of my point. Funny how now bx'ers won't wear speed suits in order to differentiate themselves from racers and skiing, when in fact tight and otherwise super-lame clothes can be found in their heritage as well.

Bert Lamar's board had the funky nose to facilitate grabs. The Sims was a popular freestyle model back in the day - that day being the late 80s. My 1710 Blade was the alpine version of that, same colour scheme. Those bindings were one of the reasons I switched to hard boots - beyond painful, especially paired with the skiboot liners in Sorels combo I was rocking at the time.

Kinda funny that I have a Sims 1/2 Pipe Freestyle board with those exact bindings...

Any collectors want it?

Its going on Ebay.