Note to New Members ×

Moths on the snow

lowrider

Was boarding to other nite and large moths you know flying insects were dropping out of the sky around the spot lites onto the snow as i was boarding around have never seen them when snow was on the ground.I though it rather strange untill i came across a bunch of kids beating on snowboard in the park. I offered to buy it from them to make a plate out of but unfortunatly they put a pick through the middle of it. Kid was pissed when he realized he could have mitigated his loss with a sale to me. The two events were rather surreal. :confused:

Here's the forecast for Mt. Hood Meadows for today:

"Today: Snow showers. High near 28. Breezy, with a southwest wind between 20 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible."

Lest you think I'm making this up just to twist the knife: <a href="http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=pqr&smap=1&textField1=45.346&textField2=-121.673">http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=pqr&smap=1&textField1=45.346&textField2=-121.673</a>

On the other hand, I only bought a spring pass this year (starts March 1), so I bet that I'm pretty far behind you in the "days on snow" count.

What kind of wax do you use for moths? Does Swix all-temp work, or do you need something special?