Note to New Members ×

Who went from Raichle SB to AF

Bobby Buggs

I rode SBs for the past 12 seasons and really enjoyed them. Today I rode on some Track700/ AF style boots. Wow, what a difference, Im sold. Hate to say it but those Deluxe La mans of mine are retired.

What did you notice when you switched from SB to AF

width and they don't suck, I really did not like the SB series the cuff alignment used to break and was a pain to deal with also the boot I had to widen to fit.

both those issues were fixed in the 700 AND it performs way better to boot.

Digger, it took me long enough to get on um:eek:

They feel totally different than the SB thats for sure. I didnt really feel at home getting in and out of my bindings or walking around in them but once I started down the hill they were great. Got to try Dingbats VSR today with them,:1luvu: What a ride.

...the AF boot is much, much more modern.

that's funny - this boot of ours is over 10 years old now. :eek:

The biggest development in alpine snowboard boots has been Fin's BTS :eek: and real buckles :eek: :eek: :eek:(and even those are old). :freak3:

I tried SB's a long, long time ago and don't like them. Bu that was a previous model to the current one. I went to AF's only when my Fire's got to a point where they were not safe to ride. The '09 white ones are too soft, and I feel like they are getting softer and looser - I'm starting to get shin bang (yeah, I know, my liners are shot now too). The junk bin '10's are stiffer and offer better performance and fit.

I hated them, Got the AF-700's and they just didnt work for my feet and alignment.

Went back to the Trak 325, fit was good but way to soft for me.

Found a set of of red 325's in brand new condition. Put my green stiff tongues in them, Pair of the solid Race cant adjusters (no more breakage), booster strap and foam liners. now loving life.

Dont know what I will do if these break.

See you in two weeks Buggs. You going to ride with us at all?

Try the search function for UPZ and formerly UPS boots. That's a can of worms that we don't like to open too often. Some really strong opinions in both directions.

I think that's mostly resolved though. I HATED my first pair but my rc 10s are awesome. most people on the rc10s are very happy

I hated them, Got the AF-700's and they just didnt work for my feet and alignment.

Went back to the Trak 325, fit was good but way to soft for me.

Found a set of of red 325's in brand new condition. Put my green stiff tongues in them, Pair of the solid Race cant adjusters (no more breakage), booster strap and foam liners. now loving life.

Dont know what I will do if these break.

See you in two weeks Buggs. You going to ride with us at all?

I hope I can run with the big dogs for a couple turns. Yeah o heard you had cement poured on your boots last week :)