Note to New Members ×

How do snow sports stack up as workouts?

Zone

This confirms what I stated in couple of treads before, that skiing is more physically demanding, for me, then the snowboarding.

skiing was more demanding for me because I sucked at it... not implying anything BB

The other day I rode about 55,000 vertical feet in 6 hours

Considering the other "givens"... that translates to around 1,200 leg presses (or turns)

Someone PLEASE tell me that's not a workout cuz I'd like to be riding today but my legs are still sore

The other day I rode about 55,000 vertical feet in 6 hours

Considering the other "givens"... that translates to around 1,200 leg presses (or turns)

Someone PLEASE tell me that's not a workout cuz I'd like to be riding today but my legs are still sore

Hmmmm, must feel like a truck has ran over your legs a couple of times.

55,000 vertical feet that's a lot :eek: Must be with a metal board otherwise your legs would have been burnt of

Always have tought that snowboarding is more demanding as skiing is, well it's said here.

Hmmmm, must feel like a truck has ran over your legs a couple of times.

55,000 vertical feet that's a lot :eek: Must be with a metal board otherwise your legs would have been burnt of

Always have tought that snowboarding is more demanding as skiing is, well it's said here.

The truck analogy is right on Hans

I typically take three or four boards to this hill.. some metal, some glass

I can leave them next to the lift and change without missing a beat

The truck analogy is right on Hans

I typically take three or four boards to this hill.. some metal, some glass

I can leave them next to the lift and change without missing a beat

Do you have to lock them to a fence or what for not being stolen?

Do you have to lock them to a fence or what for not being stolen?

This is the kind of place where you could leave your car running in the parking lot and no one would even give it a look. Besides... I know pretty much everyone who works there. On a week day I might see 30-40 other people on the hilll... most of which are sitting at the base lodge or on the bunny hill. Carving paradise for me...

I typically leave several thousand dollars worth of equipment (not that I paid that) sitting next to the lift and never give it a second thought...