Note to New Members ×

Been caught spending

powdahbonz

Jack, for your friend with the 3 kids, not all is hopeless.

I started with a 'dealbreaker' wife and slugging 3 young kids by myself to the hills (at the time I did not snowboard).

Now that they are good enough to get up the chairs on their own, it's a breeze. Plus if we all go, my wife would be left out, so now she is starting to come along, actually liking it. She's the one pushing for a family pass this year. I am sure not complaining!

Sure, a non skier/boarder spouse makes it more challenging, but you usually don't marry Mr. or Mrs. Perfect. Life together is a road, and can be full of detours and surprises. That's what happens when you have a ring around your finger.

Good to hear, glad it's working out for you!

There's no way I could have married anyone that didn't love snow & sliding on it(14th anniversary next week).

Even so, I got some grief($$ issues) when the last board showed up and I didn't tell her I had bought it. When I unwrapped the near pristine 24/7 kildyflex 167 and told her it was another $50 ebay score she cut me some slack.

I love Becki; she was as sad:( as me when I sold the madd BX, which only happened 'cause the kildyflex proved rail worthy:biggthump

Good to hear, glad it's working out for you!

Thanks.

Funny. I actually don't have to hide my spending on gear (I spend even more on windsurfing gear). She now knows I come back happy and it makes me a better husband/father. It helps I don't spend on much else (other than sending her on cruises, it all balance out).

Agree that if you know your passion before you get married, having a partner that share the same passion helps. However not too many women carvers/windsurfer/adrenalin junkies out there. So good luck to you singles!

Be careful what you wish for. My wife and I have been hardbooten it since the early 90s. We then had kids, get softy stuff for everyone and taught them to snowboard now we all go together. First my son is big enough to start stealing my gear, then my wife discovers how nice my gear is from my son, so now she has my gear and now my son needs gear. Fortunately my second son just moves into all the stuff left over from the older boy. Me, I just ride whatever not taken(skis, blades, or race alpine boards).

Now when the UPS guy comes its stuff for my wife or kids.

But the trip home from a day with family is truly worth it.

after reading all the good time stories i have to respond.

my second board cost me a divorce. the ex came back home after a trip to visit her family that was to help clear her head. i was just starting to soft boot board and i had just bought my second soft boot board under the rules of acquisition of sports gear. i.e. the gear had to be bought with overtime money. which it was.

anyway the board i bought was a Voile Split 73. (aptly named i might add) The ex came in the door, looked at my new board and said "I see you bought a new snow board". i said "yup" and a few days later we decided to split. that board cost me about 500K in the divorce. So when people ask me why divorce costs so much i tell them, "Because its WORTH IT!!!!!! You get what you pay for.

The girlfriend of 5 yrs has taken up skiing as she tried s/b's and failed miserably at it. several lessons and approximately 8-10 times on the hill, along with some cracked ribs and sore wrists. BUT SHE IS OUT THERE ON THE HILL WITH ME!!!!!!!

She looks at my quiver of Alpine boards, skis and soft boot boards and realizes i'm at a hill instead of a bar. And shes good with it.

Girlfriends ROCK!!!!!!!!