Note to New Members ×

The 5th Contender has Arrived

Jack M

1) Jack, I look forward to seeing your results

2) You guys should stop bitching about what boards are included unless you want to pony up and carry the cost. Jack financed the bulk of this on his own. If you think SG, Apex, Black Pearl, Oxxess, or any others need to be included, write a big check...I'm sure it would be great to see everything in one review, but it just ain't happenning.

True. I actually never set out to do this review in the first place, it just sort of happened organically. It was a sequence of events... 1, I tried a friend's NSR last year and loved it, so I ordered one. 2, I then figured it was high time I find out what an actual WC board rode like, and if the NSR came close to it, since the NSR was modeled after the Kessler, so I bought a custom Kessler. 3, I thought this might be interesting to others, so that's where the idea of a review started. 4, I invited Donek and Prior to send demos, because I simply couldn't afford to buy two more boards. So I've fronted cash for two boards, and I've shared expenses for shipping and tuning.

Phil, I've emailed Sigi again, but if you have an SG board you could send out that would work too. I'll pay shipping one way.

A fictional letter from Jack M to his kids,

_____

Dear Children,

Do you remember that second job that dad has on his computer, the one that he doesn't get paid for? Well, I have to spend a bunch of money on things that strangers in far away places want me to write about ... so I won't be contributing to your college fund for a little while. Best of luck with your future.

Love, Dad

_____

I forgot, is anyone here paying to see this review?

Did you try Bola at Allboardsports in Colorado? I think he stocks SG's.

I'd hate to ask Bola for more, he's already graciously loaned me a ($500) Vist plate. I'd love to have an SG in the review, but it's not critical to the mission as stated above.

Erik J - there is nothing wrong with UMaine!!! :D

mid February. :D

How's the review coming Jack?

I'm curious to hear what you think of the single radius board (Prior WCRM 187) vs multi-radius boards... I had a few runs on the WRCM 187 a couple days ago, and it was interesting, in a good way. Finished turns tighter and held a heel edge better for me, which I blow out a lot on my Kessler on steeps if I'm not on it (old, very bad habits). Not sure which I like better though... :freak3:

How's the review coming Jack?

I'm curious to hear what you think of the single radius board (Prior WCRM 187) vs multi-radius boards... I had a few runs on the WRCM 187 a couple days ago, and it was interesting, in a good way. Finished turns tighter and held a heel edge better for me, which I blow out a lot on my Kessler on steeps if I'm not on it (old, very bad habits). Not sure which I like better though... :freak3:

It's writing itself pretty well. :) Turns out it was a blessing in disguise to have a single radius board of similar length in the review for comparison of single vs. blended. I felt I could distinguish between the effects of the shape and the construction, so I should be able to speak to both.

No further word from SG yet. Or Phil for that matter. :p

What word were you waiting on from me??

Sorry I've been all over the past week. Drove Tahoe to Bachelor, training day, 2 race days, drive back to Tahoe after the race, fly to Denver at 6am the next morning, SBX training the same day as flight, SBX race next day, we won the mens and ladies event, super bowl that evening, meet with Bola the next morning, fly back to Tahoe, back on snow with alpiners today.

Make with the review already. . . some of us are still trying to figure out which of these boards to buy. . .

Jack is going back to soft boots hence the delay in his review. After his trip to Jackson Hole, he has come to the realization that he enjoys off-piste and and jibing better than carving.:smashfrea:eplus2::eek:

:lurk: