Note to New Members ×

Yet More Ross News...

csquared

Where would we be without our regular dose of Ross Rebagliati.

In today's adventure, Ross carries the olympic flame while riding a skateboard and goes mushy about what he is going to tell his son when he is old enough to know about Ross' olympic medal controversy. Not a trace of irony seems to surround the statement that a "cloud was always following him" after the olympics (this not doubt had to do with the cloud that seems to have surrounded him before the olympics).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/golden-boys-liberal-muzzle-goes-up-in-smoke/article1443928/

I think the fact that reefer is considered "performance enhancing" is ludacris! Weather on not Ross partook is moot, the clock doesn't lie and he won. I wonder if Michael Phelps wins are going to be contested over the next 20 years after the pic of him doing bong rips hit the world media stage. Give Ross what is owed to him, acknowledgement as a gold medal winning olympian. Word is, he can still hold his own in a race course.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think Ross would've made an appearance on The Tonight Show and been Roots poster boy for 10 years if he just won a gold medal without the controversy? I don't know why he's whining about the "cloud". He made out fairly well with the limited amount of success he had in the sport.

Mark Fawcett's gold medal hopes were undone by an equipment failure yet I have not once heard him complain about it. He moved on with his life and has found his place. I sure wish Ross would do the same.