Note to New Members ×

How much do you spend on a season pass?

Sultan Guy

How much will you spend on a season pass?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend on a season pass?

• $1,000+ I am made of money and have to carve
    • $500-$1,000 Built into my budget each year
    • $250-$500- Not too pricey, I get my $$ worth
    • Under $250- I get a killer BRO deal
    • FREE- I have major connections or only carve online

My Rocky Mountain Super Pass this year was like $370 or so. Winter Park/Mary Jane and Copper, plus a few days at Steamboat and a few other perks.

My older son will be in 5th grade next season, which means he gets a pass good for three days at most Colorado mountains so I don't know what I'll do next season. Maybe buy some 4-packs at a few different places and the get the best deals I can scrounge at the rest? I don't know - it's a dillema. I've had a Jane pass for 18 of the last 20 years - don't love the idea of not having one next season......

Chris

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having a pass is not an option:nono:

In 27yrs of skibumming I've had 25season passes and only paid for 2. The rest were employee or spouse passes.

If mrs. b0ardski doesn't teach next year because of ACL reconstruction, I'll buy the sun.-fri. pass at Schwietzer (best carve, tree, and steeps mountain in the region and priced accordingly) for $450.

But the first year I got a freebie as part of a screw up, the second year I Shot photos- got free pass. I bought the pass the third year for $1300- a bad move since the best things in life are free...more importantly the best snow years I ever experience are ones when do not pay for a season pass.... like teaching one year- or selling passes for the American Ski company..

So my third Aspen year.. was awful. But amortize the cost between the 3 years and its about $450 a year.