Note to New Members ×

Boot Sizing

Sailnboard

I've read the Bomber guide on sizing and talked some other members offline but I thought I would throw these questions out to the BOL group.

I measure 26.9cm, i have a high arch, high instep, normal width foot. I weigh 210# and like flexible boots but want a power strap. I am all mtn rider, not an aggressive carver.

I am leaning towards Head Stratos Pros. Some say Heads run small.

I tried on a Deeluxe Indy with brand new Thermoliner in MP29 and it was very snug but probably could have gone to a MP28. I tried on a Burton Reactor MP27 and it was too small.

Any thoughts on sizing, how the Heads fit, or anyone with similar sized foot and their boot sizing would help.

Thx

Mondopoint is supposed to be the length of your foot in centimeters. You should be able to use a Deeluxe 27 no problem, maybe even a 26 with some custom fitting, but perhaps your high arch/instep is interfering with fit. You should probably seek a good bootfitter.

I have the same feet, high arch and therefore high instep. My right foot measure about 26.2 cm and my left about 25.8 cm. No way I can fit a mondo 26.0 Deeluxe. I have a mondo 27.0 Deeluxe Track 700 and I have to use considerable force to get into those boots. The middle strap which is over my arch is almost at his widest. I think you will need a mondo 28.0 . I wear Strolz foamed liners because those chinese liners of two years ago didn't fit me (too much heel lift). I think the newer liners are better.

Jack -

Do you know of any good bootfitters in the Northeast, preferrably Maine, NH or Mass? Also do you know of anyone local who sells Deeluxe, Head, UPZ?

thx

-Brad

Brad,

There really isn't anyone local. Starting Gate in VT used to carry some boots but I was in there recently and they didn't have much. Alpine Trader in West Dover did as well, not sure if they still are. I realize those are all in VT but I don't know of any others.

There is a good bootfitter up here at the Loaf and he is on the forum as well.

john

I just got some Heads Mondo 28 from Starting Gate.

Boots were tight and my toes could feel end of liner but did not seem too tight. Definitely have at least 2 fingers of room behind my heel when my foot was just in the shell so can't imagine a bigger shell size.

After 30 mins of wearing my left front foot started to go numb. I am hoping that is becuase I have not heat molded the toes and heels on the Head liner.

As Jack said i should go see a bootfitter but always welcome comments from the BOL gallery.

:smashfrea

thx

I just got some Heads Mondo 28 from Starting Gate.

Boots were tight and my toes could feel end of liner but did not seem too tight. Definitely have at least 2 fingers of room behind my heel when my foot was just in the shell so can't imagine a bigger shell size.

After 30 mins of wearing my left front foot started to go numb. I am hoping that is becuase I have not heat molded the toes and heels on the Head liner.

As Jack said i should go see a bootfitter but always welcome comments from the BOL gallery.

:smashfrea

thx

Opinions my differ, but I ended up throwing away the built in liner on the heads after one day basically, and traded it in for a thermo liner.

A boot with a moldable liner will not feel good on your foot unless you get it molded. I have high insteps with a bone spur on my left foor from riding soft bindings from years ago. I don't have a problem with instep pain because the moldable liner allows for my foot problems. Sounds like a heat moldable liner would work well for you.