Note to New Members ×

How many snowboards do you currently own?

Guest Randy S.

How Many Snowboards Do You Own?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Snowboards Do You Own?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • Six or More

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone dove with a carving board? Could be wild because of the lenght of the board. As for the speed of 200mph, when I was punching holes in the sky years ago, we were using O2 and at high altitude like boogieman said head to earth but none of us were looking at speedometers. Higher altitude has less o2 and hence less drag= faster desent, but who cares it's all in the doing.

O-Sin 4807 178 Catek Si x 2 TD2 Si x 2

K2 ambush soft setup

Rossi VAS 171

Donek FC Cust. 175

Swoard Extremecarver 175H (due in Jan) can't wait!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

hey I'm back

sorted thru my boards & cleaned up over the weekend & organized my collection.

As of 12-12-04 I have a total of......51 boards. My wife says I have an illness...lol. Oh well, better than gambling or alcohol addiction, right? I like building my collection of old school & specialty promotion boards. I actually ride a dozen or so during the season, & have ridden just about everything in my collection that isn't still in the original shrinkwrap. I get them more for the nostalgia & history than to try & ride that many. Peace!

Here's the guy with only one board. ;)

Nitro Range Ex 156 all-mountain I got off eBay for $50. I've just rented softies over the years and decided to buy one for this season. This fall I discovered alpine (particularly EC) hence the alpine choice. I figured a cheap board and good boots and bindings would be better than a more expensive board and cheap boot and bindings.

Currently have a set of F2 Race Titaniums and AF700 Indys with I’ll be spring modding EC style. Can't wait to have enough pennies saved for a Swoard. :D

• 2 months later...

Ooops, meant ar(angel lol. :D

DrCR

Ah, my first internet experience in Linux! Woot!

FYI Ubuntu 4.10 is awesome, though I really do love my old Slackware installation (if only I could figure out how to get the internet working in it...)

Here is my list

Craig Kelly 171

Burton twin 64 (the ouija board) took it up to a US Open one year and got it sign by all of the pro's at the time. Michelle Taggart Terje, Palmer, Dave Downing and a bunch of others

Balance 56

Fish 60

FP 57 180 blue metalflake one

speed 60

now I am looking to get a couple of big alpine boards!

The Hard:

Burner 197

Nidecker Extreme 184

MLY Race 183

Proton 168

Rossi 166

Rossi 159

Liquid Arc 159

Liquid Arc 151

PJ 7

The Soft:

Solomon 159

Forum 157

Even after seeing that photo of Doug Dryer, my wife still thinks I have too many boards.

• 2 years later...

Yes, old thread. I had 2 boards for a very long time, but just acquired two more this year, so now I have 4:

'97 Burton Alp 156 (old faithful all-mountain board for years, always enjoyed this board, but new boards are relegating it to the rock board. I'd sell it, but I don't think it's worth much, so it's worth keeping for bad conditions.)

'99 UltraPrime 156 (the old dedicated carving board, until the new acquisitions this season. Might try to sell it.)

'08 Prior 4WD 164 (the new all-mountain board)

'02/03 Madd 158 (the new dedicated carving board)

No soft setups. I rented a soft setup last year and didn't enjoy it as much as riding in hard boots.

3 Carvers, 7 All mountains, 1 "Mini" and 2 that are now "retired".

I ride them all, and saddly one of the 2 that are retired was added to taht list about a weekago when I split the sidewall for nearly 1/2 the length raining out a hard turn, and over rode the boards flex apparently.

Meh, **** happens.

Arbor A-frame 162 New and not ridden yet. (have had for 4 years as backup)

S-series 162 that is now retired and going to a buddy of mine next winter.

Academy Merit 159 (fun all around board that can actually carve with softies!)

O-sin 3800 163 (All mnt/powder and carver on softies. Will try with plates soon)

9? Nidecker Proto 156 with the carbon butterflies and dampning pad(fun little carving deck)

Generics Peak 60 AM/FC alpine board that is fun in all conditions

9? Rossi Throttle 156 SL board. Haven't ridden it yet. Picked it up with Burton rat traps at a swap meet. Will try it soon.

On the wish list is a Dupraz D1 5' 5", Volkl Selecta 168, and Coiler AM

Hope to get either the Dupraz or Volkl next winter as a replacement for the 3800 when it's shot. Will work on carving with current alpine boards and get the Coiler in a few years. Hope to narrow my quiver down to 3 really good boards to cover all conditions. Maybe keep a good free ride board as a rock/early/late season board.

More boards in the family: Wife's Arbor Push 152 and son has some sort of Burton 121. My wife hates trying new things and gets mad at me every time I buy her a new stick:smashfrea