Note to New Members ×

Metal - what's the deal?

Jonny

A couple of years out of the loop so I've missed this development. Last I knew, a metal (cap) board was just going to delam at the worst possible moment, Now it seems they're all anyone's talking about.

My quiver's a Racecarve 180 that Bruce built for me maybe 8 years ago, and an Oxygen 158 LE SL board for crowded days. I ride both in Catek stepins - 54, 218 lb, more smooth than aggressive, but I like to dig pretty deep. I don't race. The 180 is getting a little tired-out - not much pop left, although it's still a pleasure to fool around on. What will a metal board do that these didn't, and which are worth a first look? Thanks!

A couple of years out of the loop so I've missed this development.

What will a metal board do that these didn't, and which are worth a first look? Thanks!

Jonny come to the ECES and find out what metal will do for you. We will have Coiler and Donek metals for demos.

Jonny come to the ECES and find out what metal will do for you. We will have Coiler and Donek metals for demos.

Thanks - I can tell I'd better make it a point to get there for at least a day.

Tough in my business (theatre) because we're not supposed to ride when we're under contract. That's why I've been off the hill so much recently. Always seemed ridiculous to me but then two of us snuck away to Wa-wa during my last run in Boston and nearly took each other out...