Note to New Members ×

new thread new year

jburrill

Wow the new sidewinders look great. Theyre what Ive been waiting for. Finally, a tough binding thats not too stiff. But is it for racers and elite carvers only? Im sure Fin and crew wont mind some of the bitching in some other threads. You know, some of us dedicated Bomber enthusiasts were a little annoyed that they got on TD3's too early. Maybe they should have waited till after new years to purchase the sidewinders (worth the wait). It would have been nice to have a choice. Either way, they will both rock. And some of us will just purchase sidewinders as well. That being said, its a good thing for Fin and crew because some of us will purchase not one but two pairs of bindings, parts and accessories this season.

Perhaps it may have been better marketing (101) to inform some of us dedicated and outspoken Bomber enthusiasts about some sort of release date or provide a retro-fit option along with the release of this long anticipated elite racing binding. Maybe Im way off base here, but perhaps its only appropriate to be outspoken here so long as its in the form of praise and not criticism. Bomber bindings rule! Wheres the Sidewinder retro-kit?

See that's better.

Out of respect for Fin, his dedication to Alpine snowboarding and the fact that this is his sandbox, any issues you have should be taken up with him first and be given a chance to resolve that way.

Fin has proven to be extremely responsive ( to me anyway ) to requests, info, thoughts, customer service issues and what have you.

Hope you get your sidewinders and are happy with how they work. I will have to wait for now.

Perhaps it may have been better marketing (101) to inform some of us dedicated and outspoken Bomber enthusiasts about some sort of release date or provide a retro-fit option along with the release of this long anticipated elite racing binding.

Dedicated and outspoken Bomber enthusiasts?? Dude, you have 29 posts! Maybe you can use that line when you become a 'carver extraordinaire' at the minimum.

:lol:

Oh boy, here we go again. Deleted your first thread, then started this one, huh?

Why exactly is it again that Bomber should have told you the Sidewinders were coming out a month before they made it public to anyone else?

Is it because you bought a pair of TD3s with reservations about the stiffness?

:lurk:

Dedicated and outspoken Bomber enthusiasts?? Dude, you have 29 posts! Maybe you can use that line when you become a 'carver extraordinaire' at the minimum.

you forgot to mention the 3 month long forum membership starting October 2009... (banned one too many times due to your outspoken nature maybe??)

Dude you only have 29 posts. I love it. I was on here way before you. My dad can also outcarve your dad. I will see you after school. I eat bomber bindings dipped in hot sauce. Keep em coming! Im having fun. I can extraordinarily carve. Most of all better than you , on a freestyle board. Its fun when the nerds come out all hot and bothered. Once again, Bomber Bindings are great. And I have spent a grand here this season. I think I can be a little outspoken. Even with only 30 posts. Arent we having fun? Oh wait, I dont like the color red.

Sensitive? I didn't realize that you were a longtime BOL member. What were your other names here on BOL?

I didn't mean to offend but when someone with a low post count comes and starts a rant about Fin should've done this or could've done that it hits a nerve.

ok, ok, everyone, I think we should appreciate the effort to play nice here. Jason, I feel your pain, but I've never heard of any company in any market ever saying "don't buy our product, a new version is due out soon". Never. To answer your other question, the Sidewinder is for anyone who wants a little more lateral flex in their binding without sacrificing safety or durability. This could be any ability level.