Note to New Members ×

Winter Park 2010

Thor VonRippington

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you sure len doesn't know about me too? i'm starting to feel like my mug shot is hanging in every lift ticket office.

i'd love to come ride with the summit crew! i was already looking at a map to see how far y'all were from wp. i don't know if it'll happen this trip though. we've got a free place to stay near winter park, and i don't know if i can convince them to drive to a different hill. although i may just mention it. ;)

i don't suppose the summit crew would want to take a road trip this weekend? i'll be riding sat - mon. maybe a little tomorrow depending how quick we get out there being that our flight arrives in denver at 7:30.

-trent

Hellooooo Winter Park !!!

Arriving Sat 13th with a collection of park monkeys, but the wife tried hardboots at WTF'10 and wants to keep trying. Departing the 20th

TVR... Crap, I left you high and dry last year when you hauled me over to Loveland. I still owe you a brew or three for that.

Any carvers in the area... I'd love to introduce my son Joe! Two and a half years ago a stroke almost took his life. He's got the guts to get back on skis again, even though last time he tried to ski the right side of his body was all gung ho but the left side kind of went huh? what's going on here! You want me to do WHAT?

Arriving Sat 13th with a collection of park monkeys, but the wife tried hardboots at WTF'10 and wants to keep trying. Departing the 20th

TVR... Crap, I left you high and dry last year when you hauled me over to Loveland. I still owe you a brew or three for that.

Any carvers in the area... I'd love to introduce my son Joe! Two and a half years ago a stroke almost took his life. He's got the guts to get back on skis again, even though last time he tried to ski the right side of his body was all gung ho but the left side kind of went huh? what's going on here! You want me to do WHAT?

Cool the wife wants to keep trying carving. Sounds like Joe should be a Goofy snowboarder, then the left side could go for a ride. Good luck to Joe!!! Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Ink

Thanks, Ink Before his stroke he did some softy riding with me. It would be so great if he wanted to try riding again.

Dawn needs to be able to loosen up the cuff of her ski boot a bit more or I need to find her some real inexpensive hardboots. We'll see how it plays out.

Dawn told her younger son that she was thinking of giving up snowboarding. Austin came back with 'But mom... that's the stuff that makes you so cool!'

What's your wife's mondo size?

Maybe we could come up with something around here...

Didn't feel like you owed my anything Brad... but I'll have a beer with ya after we ride

Looking forward to meeting Joe and riding with you guys!

Call me when you get to WP Brad

nine seven oh -three nine oh - seven six oh five

Hi Thor Dawn has a MP 24.5 left foot and just over 24 right. We're staying in bldg 16 of the Hi Country Haus group of condos. I don't know if I will feel safe anymore, not being right next to the police station this time!

The kids have a hard time believing my story about standing at the bus stop in WP last season, about when a total stranger pulls over in his car and says 'hop in'... he had recognized me as a hardbooter because of my Prior with plate bindings.

Head count

Me ski & HB

Dawn ski & SB & keep trying HB

Thad SB

Whitney skied once 15 yrs ago

Austin SB

Elliot SB

Joe ski

Hi Stan sorry bonehead Brad didn't think to give the number. Here we go... three one nine two one zero four zero nine six.

Been having an excellent time with the blended family. Just super times on the mountain! Watching Joe rebuild his skills has made me so happy.

As far as me carving... fugetaboudit. Total zoo with all the spring break kids around and my timidity (recovering from some cracked ribs). So I've been doing some easy HB riding with Joe on skis.

It would be good to catch up with you while we are here!

Thor,

I'll be in WP next Tues (late) through Sat (leaving early) with wife and 4-yr old.

I'm a newbie to carving ... ok I'm still a wanna-be but I'm shopping for parts ... maybe I'll get around to it next year (living in TX puts a crimp on snow time).

If you've got time, on slope or off, I'd appreciate a chat and look-see at equipment.

My wife and I will probably be boarding Wed and Thu while kiddo is in ski class, then I'll rent skis (haven't been on them in 15 yrs) and ski with kiddo.

Tom

I'm an old school carver getting back into it after a bunch of years off (kids).

I don't think that I've seen any hard booters at WP all season. Not that I go every weekend.

I'll be using up 2 of my Steamboat days this weekend and probably will do a day at WP next weekend.

-Chuck

Try to hook up with Dave Winters and Steamboatrailer while in steamboat. Also you may get to see some of the SSWSC training (usually Howelson Hill) for the upcoming Nationals.

Thor, BlueBird, Seraph, CFJ04 ride WP. Oh wait CFJ doesn't ride anymore.

If you get a chance join the LCI at Loveland for a sunday.

Ink

• 1 month later...

Chuck-

Welcome to BOL! Sorry to miss you this season. I've been quite busy for the past few weeks. There are several carvers in the WP area and we regularly travel to Summit County as well. We rode Abasin yesterday and conditions are still very good for carving. We'll be going back for more very soon.

Give me a shout!

My cell is nine seven oh three nine oh seven six oh five

Ink-

Add to your list: Mark, Steve, Cindy, Dell, Matt, Bruning, Carla, and few converts at Sol Vista. There are two other regular HBers in WP that I haven't been able to meet yet. I happen to know another fun guy to ride with that had a WP pass and never used it once (DOOD! WTF?)

and you are right... CJ doesn't ride anymore... snowboards that is

I find most riders around here aren't into BOL (or maybe the group ride)... I think they are missing out!