Note to New Members ×

Winter Park 2010

Thor VonRippington

Hey Thor, I will be in Sol Vista tomorrow (Monday) around 2:00pm. Also I will be in WP on Tuesday and maybe on Wednesday. What is your schedule like?

Email me at wygalmj@hotmail.com or just reply to this post, I'll get the message either way.

Just sent you an email

See you at Sol V tomorrow...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seraph... did I see you at WP yesterday?

Yellow coat...?

Let me know when you are around... always looking for other carvers to ride with

Nope, was not I. I wear a rust Sims jacket, black helmet, black pants with Blue Donek Axxess board, or my arbor aframe for pow days. I was out of town, so I didn't make it up this weekend.

I will be riding on Sunday the 31st, and then be there the whole week of Feb. 8th with my brother. I definitely need to take a few runs with you and gets some critiquing.

Justin - don't read this... REALLY

It's important that you stay focused on work this week... SERIOUSLY

After a foot of snow last week and a few more inches Sunday, the carving conditions at WP today were the best I've seen anywhere this season.

It snowed on us most of the day today and the runs were mostly void of people.

In other words... if you were thinking about riding WP, this week would be a good time to git er done.

I can ride WP any day besides Thursday this week

(Thurs is a Sol Vista day)

CJ, Arne, Ice... anyone?

you are now on ignore.......bastage

Holy Wasted! two days in a row and night skiing.....my body wants junk food for recovery....and beer.....and football.....

Great riding with Thor, CFJ and Ted.

I am jonesing for the next go around. I stink now, time for shower........Oh honey!!!!! Where are you?!!!!!

TED!!

Enjoyed riding with you yesterday!

Post here when you're coming up to WP again... we would be stoked to ride with you more

It sounds like you are serious about newer gear. Your gear is obviously working fine (or you are working it), but I've got two different types of boots in your size, a couple binding choices, and several boards. You are welcome to give any/all of that stuff a spin anytime.

My email address: ssegress at gmail dot com

• 3 weeks later...

hi winter park crew!

i'm lucky enough to be heading to your area next weekend, and thought i'd get some insider info about the mountain. this is my first trip to your hill. which runs should i make sure i visit? any pattern i should do to stay away from the crowds as long as possible?

i'll be traveling with my wife, and another couple. none of them carve, nor understand my addiction (my wife gets it). i'd love to ride with other carvers, but i'm not sure how well me ditching everyone will be received. i may not care what they think if the riding is anything like it is in aspen. :biggthump

thanks for any advice you might have!

-trent

hi thor,

bummer nobody might be around. i'll do my best to leave trenches in your absence. :biggthump

any runs i should hope are groomed? :1luvu: just looking for some advice on which runs are a carvers dream when groomed, or which runs are everyones favorite and best to hit early before the crowds or straight-line skier get there.

how's the coverage? there was some dirt and rocks at ses this year.

thanks!

-trent