Note to New Members ×

My day at Keystone with Mountain Watch and Patrol

fin

Was Fin Speeding and Being a Saftey Hazzard in the Clip?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Was Fin Speeding and Being a Saftey Hazzard in the Clip?

• NO: it is obvious from this clip that is not the case. Speed is not an issue here.
    • YES: he is speeding and a hazard to all around him
    • Cannnot tell from this clip

You will find 99% of the folks here on Bomber on line are polite people in every way, most are in fact not dangerous down hill "bombers" as the BOL name suggests.

Many alpine carving devotees are former or part time skiers, they are for the most part a very classy demographic that ski resorts love to cater too, the majority of which are middle to upper middle class people in their 30's to late 50's, ( with kid's ) and definitely NOT the typical stereotype of a teen hoodlum or ruff neck heavy drinking pot smoking selfish low intelligence dangerous street thug snowboarder .:p

This was wonderful. I love to read loads of crap like this. I think the term "total squares" was not included. Perhaps it should be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to be diplomatic.:biggthump

99% is not "all".

I am sure there is plenty of slackers, trollers, scab picking meth heads, Cheeto loafing bong loaders living on mommies front porch here to keep things spicy :freak3:

One mans "square" is another mans "loser".

If I don't hit 5 shots of Jack , spark a hooter on the lift and bomb the kiddie run before looking to hook up on a 17 year old girl in the parking lot then I am "square" LOL.:eek:

Ya I admit on the other extreme there is a tad bit of "stuffy old guy" here on BOL.

I call them "fly fishermen" I used to get them in my motorcycle all the time, they were white collar middle age guys , mostly hyper critical engineer wannabees who would dissect everything , complete with slide rule and hands full of research articles on each particular make model and year, then once they FINALLY buy a bike they then don't even ride it, lol, "Survey Says BEOTCHES

E Pluribis Carborundum = Dont let the bastards grind you down.:p

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( This possibly needs 2B in the "Off Topic" section )

It would be interesting to hear from the peep's who looked at the video and read Fin's account as to why they / you voted that Fin was speeding and or a hazard ?

It takes brass wax biscuits to stand up and say why you voted that way, I would respect you for speaking up , and not bash you. ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I call them "fly fishermen" I used to get them in my motorcycle all the time, they were white collar middle age guys , mostly hyper critical engineer wannabees who would dissect everything , complete with slide rule and hands full of research articles on each particular make model and year, then once they FINALLY buy a bike they then don't even ride it, lol, "Survey Says BEOTCHES.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's perfect!!! I know just the guy! We worked together in high school at the local skate shop, but because he was big into computers he got promoted to the distributor to do inventory and other computer geek stuff so over the years he spent more time inside and hasn't been on a board in over a decade while me and Doug (another guy that worked at the shop) still ride every week sometimes 2-3 times.:biggthump

( This possibly needs 2B in the "Off Topic" section )

It would be interesting to hear from the peep's who looked at the video and read Fin's account as to why they / you voted that Fin was speeding and or a hazard ?

It takes brass wax biscuits to stand up and say why you voted that way, I would respect you for speaking up , and not bash you. ;)

I read sarcasm in Fins poll and went with it. I talked to him at SES about said option, and yes , he was being sarcastic and was wondering why more people didn't read it that way. Guilty as charged, once a smart a$$ always a smart a$$.

mario

:lol::lol::lol:

That's perfect!!! I know just the guy! We worked together in high school at the local skate shop, but because he was big into computers he got promoted to the distributor to do inventory and other computer geek stuff so over the years he spent more time inside and hasn't been on a board in over a decade while me and Doug (another guy that worked at the shop) still ride every week sometimes 2-3 times.:biggthump

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya , its all to common.

"Balance" : I think it's normal for a guy who wants to be real good or the best in a chosen field or sport to obsess over details, do research, compare etc... but for some people it seams to be an escape and kind of a mask for not actually going out and doing it and learning on the fly, after all this is not flying a plane or building a bridge, lol.

I read sarcasm in Fins poll and went with it. I talked to him at SES about said option, and yes , he was being sarcastic and was wondering why more people didn't read it that way. Guilty as charged, once a smart a$$ always a smart a$$.

mario

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh, yes , gotcha.;)

QUESTION: I don't know anything about CO resorts, so do you Colorado guys have a multi mountain yearly pass option ?

I read some were that you can pay about $2 thousand for a 4 mountain pass, so the main question is was Fin pulled over and threatened with yanking a "very" expensive multi resort yearly pass or a single Keystone yearly pass ????

I don't remember reading that detail

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh, yes , gotcha.;)

QUESTION: I don't know anything about CO resorts, so do you Colorado guys have a multi mountain yearly pass option ?

I read some were that you can pay about $2 thousand for a 4 mountain pass, so the main question is was Fin pulled over and threatened with yanking a "very" expensive multi resort yearly pass or a single Keystone yearly pass ????

I don't remember reading that detail

Steve, the resorts that are owned by Vail do have a multi resort pass that ranges from $350- $500+ depending on restrictions and such but none are $2000. Still, $500 is a lot of dough to lose based on these assumptions.

Steve, the resorts that are owned by Vail do have a multi resort pass that ranges from $350- $500+ depending on restrictions and such but none are $2000. Still, $500 is a lot of dough to lose based on these assumptions.

If you miss the pre-season Oct 15th buy in ($1499) the Aspen 4 Mt. pass is $1999.

We get to buy 4 tickets for a friend at 1/2 price which is $48 per day instead of $96. We get cheap beer at Sneakys pub, and I think 15% off tuning.. and some lunch specials like a burger and a can of bud for $8.

This year Aspen only made pre-season snow... I hit rocks until March and had to shelve both my Kesslers..and drag out the Old Madd 158 with the super hard base and rockwell edges.. (-not a bad thing at all..way fun-) for this high pass price..I got ZERO snowmaking on Ajax after Christmas. So I am not really pushing for people to switch to Aspen. The pass price is high and apparently...there is no guarantee of quality- or any effort to increase the skiing experience beyond rocky slopes in off years. But during the good years Aspen is really really good.

As for Keystone- I prefer the trails at Copper anyway. Keystone only offers night skiing.... which isn't all that it is cracked up to be in Colorado.

If I were picking a place to hit..I'd likely pick Squaw... good snow year... or if on the East Coast.... Stowe in the week 3 or 4 in March. The Loaf... wonder if the snowfields are open...?