Note to New Members ×

PureCarve/Coiler Snowboard for sale

Hardbooter

I will be listing my Coiler/Purecare board I had Bruce make for me a few years ago up next week on ebay. As one of the owners of PureCare Inc. I had Bruce make me a hybrid board, a PureCare topsheet (I got a few from Bill) and Coiler guts to settle the argument between surf carivng and pure layout turns. 10.5 sidecut with a narrow waist. Freecarve.

Only ridden once down the hill as I went over the handlebars on Ridge Run at Buttermilk and broke my ankle. Only one of these in existance.

I can't wait to see the watchers and emails I get.

My MS has gotten so bad I don't ride anymore, but 3 winters in Aspen carving everyday at Buttermilk with Walter, Joey, Terry, and Mike (Doyle) was the bomb. I have lots of other carving boards, boots and bindings that will be listed. PureCarve, Rossi's, Wild Duck, etc.

My SnowPro bindings are for sale on ebay now. Check it out.

<!-- End Description -->

Is it the woody deck or the surfboard?

As a huge Maverick owner and fan, I keep hearing how there are still some old purecarve VHS tapes out there from buttermilk. I would love to see the vids ( again).

I can convert it to dvd for you free of charge if you can send me the vhs tape(s)

I would send you back the tapes and burned dvds if I can keep a copy.

Any chances, then, you could convert those into any digital format? I'm sure there would be enough interested people to make your trouble worht... I'd be definitelly in for Carve On and Beyond the Edge.

I'd be happy to pay for some carving movies too! If Cliff is the original rightsholder, maybe he could look into doing a DVD conversion? It would be really nice to be able to buy them all legal-like and own the discs free and clear.

It is the surfboard. I have the series Cliff Ahumada made, our president. Ride the Edge, Carve On, and Carver Beyond the Edge in 1995, 1997, and 1998. I am sure you are an honest guy, but I can't let those out of my sight.

Oh well, maybe I'll see them again someday. They were a real inspiration. They used to have them on all the time at Madd Mikes in Boston or whatever the shop was named back then.

Sorry to hear about the MS...

post-182-141842295179_thumb.jpg

Dano, whats up ugly? When are we riding? I 'm looking for a new or used Donek Axxes or Prior AWD, I ordered some TD3's hopefully the knees still have some carving left in them.

Yes siree, Madd Mikes, Mike Banker.... that was when windsurfing was cool...bahhaa.

friends dont let friends poleboard, gotta get ya kitesurfing..

Oh well, maybe I'll see them again someday. They were a real inspiration. They used to have them on all the time at Madd Mikes in Boston or whatever the shop was named back then.

Sorry to hear about the MS...

I thought it was the infamous willywhit sneaking back in at first.

SO, you are finally getting up off all fours and carving again? No more checkerpig?

You should bid on this maverick-spec coiler. Gotta be a nice all mountain carver.

( With all your dough and well trained wife, you really should take the plunge and get a metal board. )

I pretty much only ride with the family these days, you should hook up with Team 32 at loon you'll fit right in with those hooligans.

Sorry, still a hater when it comes to the K word.

Ahah, the always bitter windsurfer takes a swing. The Checkerpig, woaa, wicked way back... I'm hoping to get some riding in this season. Before Sandy's diagnosis I was having some serious fun getting back up to speed. I think my old Rossignol race has finally seen its last season; its almost transparent, I wouldnt dare grind it again. All that dough? If I had all that dough I would be buying new, not chasing a used stik. But you may be right, I should splurge, its prolly the last board I'll buy, it should be something I can use over the next several years. BTW, you still blaming the family for your sedentary and geriatric lifestyle, cmon Dano, even old guys can carve, even on your antiquated Asym....

Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack the thread...

Bitter windsurfer? Maybe a little. This Fall was windy but freaking GUSTY! Too many 15 to 45 knot days killed me mentally and ohysically.

Read up on metal boards, if you can spend a grand, I hear they suck up the vibes so your glass knees won't shatter and they handle like your 911 on fresh pavement...

Asym?! Wow, that was like 7 boards ago! My latest daily carver is a Tanker 192. Both kids are plowing on skis and Karen is on an F2. We usually get about 10 days in NH, and a week out west in real snow... Brah brah brah...

Back on topic:

Hey Hardbooter Barry, what are the specs on that PureCoil?

Did he build it for your wieght or just try and copy the old Maverick? I WILL bid on it as my wife won't be able to tell it apart from my REAL one. STEALTH!