Note to New Members ×

Sis Wants A New Board...

Vandalrob08

Hello everyone...

My sister is an avid rider, loves to carve and enjoys hard booting every once in a while. She wants to get a freesttyle board that will both let her carve fluently on groomers, do decent in a race course and let her explore the powder. Since I havent been on freestyle gear since I was nine I figured I would leave this one up to some more educated minds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone...

My sister is an avid rider, loves to carve and enjoys hard booting every once in a while. She wants to get a freesttyle board that will both let her carve fluently on groomers, do decent in a race course and let her explore the powder. Since I havent been on freestyle gear since I was nine I figured I would leave this one up to some more educated minds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Height, weight will help to narrow the search.

Cheers

Roy

Palmer Honeycomb. Hands down the best Freestyle/Freeride board I've been on in almost 20 years. It has a very newschool shape to it that initiates a turn beautifully, holds an edge like you wouldn't believe and can hit bumps, powder and anything else you want to throw at it.

The 2010 model is rockered so I have no idea how different that one would ride but the 2 previous years are excellent. Be aware though that the board is a bit wide for some and depending on your sister's foot size, that may be an issue.

Good luck and have fun.

Look at the Arbor Push or maybe a Burton Feelgood. Both of those are more freeride oriented women's boards that will still handle the park. I've seen people ride both of these boards pretty hard. Never Summer and Nidecker are other options although they may be more expensive. Both of those companies have good reputations when it comes to freeride boards