Note to New Members ×

Black Tanker 192 What Year?

energyrail

Someone is selling a very old one, any ideas how old?

AQdNaHDkVKpSlJBXWmWlkg==.jpg

To old to be useful?

That is a 98-99...where is it for sale and how much? I am interested as I need both the 192's from 97-98 and 98-99 to complete my collection and have a tanker from every year of production.

cheers,

sandy

The boards number 3, 4, 5 from the left are outrageous looking. Not a yellow fan but that is wild looking.

Yes, they are pretty cool and the graphic is that of the ceiling of a church or cathedral and is quite detailed...they also released a tribute model of the Obsession 171 with a flat black topsheet called the Rad-Air Extreme 169 Dave Pinkerman Model.

...they also released a tribute model of the Obsession 171 with a flat black topsheet called the Rad-Air Extreme 169 Dave Pinkerman Model.

Just saw another one of these at Cypress, other day. Guy was rocking it with softies and 45ish angles.

That is a 98-99...where is it for sale and how much? I am interested as I need both the 192's from 97-98 and 98-99 to complete my collection and have a tanker from every year of production.

cheers,

sandy

It's on a dutch site, open to offers, no price.

http://link.marktplaats.nl/300823890

You can contact the seller through the site, no other way. Let me know if you want me to get you in touch.

But getting it from the Netherlands to you is quite costly.

• 2 weeks later...
The only ones that said rad-air.com on the base were the 00-01, and the 01-02 and the only one of those that is black is the 00-01. Here is a pic of all of them...which one is it?

cheers,

sandy

Hey, Sandy - a friend of mine is looking at a tanker that I believe is #7 in the very first image you posted (3 blots down the centerline between the bindings, red base). Do you know what year that is, and what the quality of it is?

Thanks!

KJL,

That board is the 04-05 and it was made at the Volkl factory in Germany. That year was the first year that the 200 was Ralph's signature model and it is a great board that incorporated many of the characteristics of the Crown from the year before.

cheers,

sandy

Cool - thanks! Is that the same year as the one on the far right? I have the one on the far right - the dark blue top and the black base with the tribal face near the tail (although on my topsheet I have a thin raised grey plastic face thing near the back binding that I don't see in the picture - picture might just be too small, though).

--

Ken

Ken,

Sorry, they are completely different boards. The 04-05 does not have hardly any taper, a different sidecut and different core profile. The 06-07 Blue Maori Mask tanker is the first one to have a lot of taper and a larger sidecut. The board in my top photo has the raised mask in between the bindings, but it is hard to see with the shadow and glare in the photo.

cheers,

sandy

Doh - I totally recommended he pick that board up; hope it rides OK. I really, really love mine (maori mask) - hope he is not disappointed in his. At least he is getting it for cheap. Hopefully it at least is also designed to be ridden with the bindings set back.

Thanks for the info.

Ken,

Yes it is a great board to ride and a lot of fun, but just a little different than the newer shapes, so I think your friend will enjoy it.

cheers,

sandy

p.s. If it is a 200 with the red base and small black wings and he does not like it, let me know as I do not have that base color in my tanker collection and might be interested in it.

• 3 years later...
Yes, they are pretty cool and the graphic is that of the ceiling of a church or cathedral and is quite detailed...they also released a tribute model of the Obsession 171 with a flat black topsheet called the Rad-Air Extreme 169 Dave Pinkerman Model.

I came across this board in an auction and bought it at a great price. I've been unable to find any info on it and the photo you linked was the first time I'd seen any other photos of it period. Do you happen to have a spec sheet on it or any other info? That'd be awesome!

I came across this board in an auction and bought it at a great price. I've been unable to find any info on it and the photo you linked was the first time I'd seen any other photos of it period. Do you happen to have a spec sheet on it or any other info? That'd be awesome!

Welcome to Bomberonline Forum.

Keep in mind:

The thread you are replying to is 3 years old.

SVR has been very busy this past month. (I will forward your post to him)

He is the leading Rad-Air Tanker expert and historian. I am sure he can give you more details.

How about a photo of the snowboard?

Do you plan to ride it or just flip it?

Bryan

Edited by www.oldsnowboards.com

Welcome to Bomberonline Forum.

Keep in mind:

The thread you are replying to is 3 years old.

SVR has been very busy this past month. (I will forward your post to him)

He is the leading Rad-Air Tanker expert and historian. I am sure he can give you more details.

How about a photo of the snowboard?

Do you plan to ride it or just flip it?

Bryan

Hey Thanks Bryan! Much appreciated! It would be awesome to get more details. I had planned to ride it, totally loved the appearance of it so I had to buy it, but then while researching I could only find info on Rad Air but never this board. Then I found I wasn't really sure what I'd stumbled upon. I cleaned it up, waxed it and did the edges but I haven't taken it to the slopes. I wanted to know what it was that I have first. Also in the meantime, I bought my new Lib-tech so I don't really need ANOTHER board to ride. Let me try and upload a pic I took yesterday while the sun was out. It also has some Fever bindings on it. Lever seen anything quiet like them but they look old school.

post-12252-141842388003_thumb.jpg

Hey, nice!

I have the same graphic, shorter version, the "Jam", and that length but all black "Pinkerman Extreme". They are from the 90'. Sandy will probably know the exact year(s).

My black one is a good pow board. However, it doesn't carve as good as the Tankers, that developed from it, in the 2000'.

Hey, nice!

I have the same graphic, shorter version, the "Jam", and that length but all black "Pinkerman Extreme". They are from the 90'. Sandy will probably know the exact year(s).

My black one is a good pow board. However, it doesn't carve as good as the Tankers, that developed from it, in the 2000'.

That's awesome BlueB, I bet that Pinkerman Extreme looks nice! I really had no idea the board was so old. The one I have is in such good condition, it certainly doesn't seem that age. It will be interesting to know the exact year and find out what Sandy knows about it.

• 3 weeks later...
That's awesome BlueB, I bet that Pinkerman Extreme looks nice! I really had no idea the board was so old. The one I have is in such good condition, it certainly doesn't seem that age. It will be interesting to know the exact year and find out what Sandy knows about it.

The Obsession 171 and Pinkerman (Extreme 169) are exactly the same board...here is what I have for now, will see if I can dig up the sidecut and effective edge for you, but think sidecut was around 9.0 m and ee was 112ish.

Length: 171

Nose: 28.5

Waist: 24.5

Tail: 28.5

Those boards are from the 92-93 year as the Tankers (in 162, 172 and 182) replaced the obsession in 93-94 and were manufactured at the Elan factory. Fun board, but will ride very stiff compared to anything built in the last 10 years.

cheers,

sandy

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, awesome thread bump!

My buddy just bought a brand new Pinkerman (Extreme 169) about a month ago.

I wouldn't have found this thread had I not just found a brand new looking Obsession 171 in a pawn shop & done a little search on it.

Here is a pic from a phone.

I took a whole bunch from different angles but the board has such a shiny gloss coat on it, only one actually turned out.

Is this thing rare?

It was $150.

I don't collect them, so I have no use for another one.

My buddy let me try his Pinkerman on a really deep powder day.

I hated it, it was a tank. Not a Tanker.

It was so heavy & sluggish.

If I did buy the Obsession, it wouldn't be to ride.

I'd probably just hate it 2cm more?

TTpost-11922-141842391722_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmytard

TT,

That Obsession is essentially the same board as the Pinkerman...only the previous year model. Even though it was advertised as a 169 Extreme, the Pinkerman is actually the exact same board as the Obsession 171. It is pretty crazy to see just how much board technology has changed as those boards are soo stiff and different to ride because of the profiles and cores.

It is not rare, but it is cool to see one that is still in good condition. If you did not enjoy riding the pinkerman, than I would not recommend getting the obsession for anything other than a collectible. The board in your pic is the first year that Rad-Air was actually called Rad-Air as the first production year, they were actually Radical Airlines.

cheers,

sandy