Note to New Members ×

Volkl Renntiger 168 $100

Jrobb

For sale

Volkl Renntiger 168.

Board is older not sure of year maybe 6 or 7 yrs old. Bought from fellow BOL'er. Board has good structure, no major scrape or gouges. Fun board to ride fast and agile but my riding is going in a different direction now. I need to thin the herd to free up some moolah for a new stick.

More pics upon request possible.

Will ship with Hertel's Hot Sauce wax unscraped for shipping or scraped for local pickup.

Prefer local pickup.

J

post-2697-141842290944_thumb.jpg

Thanks Corey. I have 20+ years on the hill in soft boots with a few years of running gates S and GS back before the 1/2 pipe came along. Will i be starting at square one when I put on the hard boots ant try to lay down some carves or will my soft boot experience help me excell as a carver? If my soft boot experience will count, should i be looking for a longer and stiffer board than this?

Thanks

Do you happen to know the sidecut radius?

How are the edges?

Also, I'm 220lbs, do you think this board is stiff enough to hold a nice carve for me?

Edges are sharp, sidecut I'll defer to that previously mentioned. It's not printed on it. There were specs I found online somewhere. As for the weight issue, the board didn't seem overly stiff. It was my first carving board and i definitely didn't do it justice. It is super fast and when you do lock in it stays there. It's nimble enough to keep up with softbooters without outrunning them ( as I found with a big Tanker 192 on occasion.)

I only rode it about 7 times before getting the Tanker and pretty much stuck to that so if anyone has any other answers to your questions please jump in.

Sorry for the delay, Bomber wasn't working for me the last two days.

J

Thanks Corey. I have 20+ years on the hill in soft boots with a few years of running gates S and GS back before the 1/2 pipe came along. Will i be starting at square one when I put on the hard boots ant try to lay down some carves or will my soft boot experience help me excell as a carver? If my soft boot experience will count, should i be looking for a longer and stiffer board than this?

My experience: about 15 years of soft equipment. Then I got on a Burton Alp with hardboots, it's softer than this board but it was a wake up call for me. The 168 RT was stiffer but a nice step up.

For $100, I think it'll be a great introduction to hardboots! Use it for a while and re-sell it for $90 if you outgrow it.

Ha! This was my board at some stage and Ursle's before me. I know by the stomp pad dots. Funny how the gear circulates around.

It had killer PTC structure and very sharp edges at that time (few years ago)...

I think that SCR is about 11.

It was briefly mine as well. It rode really well. It was still near flawless when I let it go.