Note to New Members ×

Kessler Serial Production ???

nano

Hello everybody,

I'm new here in bomberonline, reading your threads and trying to learn something... :))

I live in Turkey- Istanbul, here we cant find such brands and products about alpine sb. Just few dealers and few products. So its very poor market in Turkey for now.

There is a shop, they started to import Kessler serial production boards, does anybody knows about these???? They also should have the same Kessler Technology and quality, but i cant be sure... if there's someone over there to help and inform me, I'll be glad.... Thanks a lot....

I live in Turkey- Istanbul, here we cant find such brands and products about alpine sb. Just few dealers and few products. So its very poor market in Turkey for now.

There is a shop, they started to import Kessler serial production boards, does anybody knows about these???? They also should have the same Kessler Technology and quality, but i cant be sure... ..

Welcome

The only thing better than a Kessler serial production board is a Kessler custom board

Go ahead and grab one, or three ;) 1475$ US here.

Welcome

The only thing better than a Kessler serial production board is a Kessler custom board

Go ahead and grab one, or three ;)

or five huh ? ehhehhe :) U are right anyway, but for now that is what I can get, hope I'll order one for next years... But really do you think that serials can be much different from any F2 or any etc...

Serials are about 1250 $ here but I'll get very good discount for them :D But i dont know anything about the customs prices especially after shipping and taxes... :(

Hello everybody,

I'm new here in bomberonline, reading your threads and trying to learn something... :))

There is a shop, they started to import Kessler serial production boards, does anybody knows about these???? They also should have the same Kessler Technology and quality, but i cant be sure... if there's someone over there to help and inform me, I'll be glad.... Thanks a lot....

These boards are build by Nidecker to Kessler specs, It is Hanserg chance to go big time, All the shapes have been designed by Hanserg.

The should ride circles around other boards but until more people ride them there hasn't been any reviews.

Consider yourself lucky to even see boards in a shop. there is really only one retail shop in the US that carrys alpine kesslers, the rest of the Kessler dealers are online, like myself..

I am not sure the Catek stuff is current?

I would check and make sure they are selling current Kessler KST technology.

I think Bola at allboard sports and Us at Hardbooter maybe the only US dealers of the current Kessler stuff. I could be total wroung and Jeff has some line on the new boards from outside the distributor??

actually Kessler is going really big because many shops* are carrying 1 or two of his models this winter...the prices are in the 900-1000 euros range.

They are made in the Rolle factory by Nidecker like our boards, but in bigger numbers :)

Nils

* french biggest mountain gear reseller beeing one ( 9 shops in France) plus other various privately own businesses: i'd say around 15-20 shops have Kessler gear ( skis too)...

These boards are build by Nidecker to Kessler specs, It is Hanserg chance to go big time, All the shapes have been designed by Hanserg.

The should ride circles around other boards but until more people ride them there hasn't been any reviews.

Consider yourself lucky to even see boards in a shop. there is really only one retail shop in the US that carrys alpine kesslers, the rest of the Kessler dealers are online, like myself..

So we'll wait and see the reviews. Anyway, Thanks a lot guys....

mass production: i am not sure what defines mass production:

is it the size of the factory?

is it the quantity of boards produced?

I think there is no much difference between the process of building a board at Nidecker in Rolle with the finest materials than at Kessler's factory with the same materials, or when Prior makes a snowboard. The production process is exactly the same, it has the same hand labor needs, takes the same time almost. The only main changes are optimisations of workflows and the price the factory gets on the materials due to bulk purchases.

The retail price of boards is highly a marketing positionning that each maker decide, it has not really a relation to production cost: over a certain amount of money its all marketing and what people are ready to pay for the good...( am not saying this for us ( swoard) because we are having the opposite position on this matter: e.g keeping price as low as possible).

Conclusion: 1000 euros for a "production " Kessler seems expensive to some, fair to others, cheap even ...Buyer and sales numbers will tell if its right! ( and anyway we'll never know the numbers so...)

Nils

Bola, as you say, numbers are not that high at Rolle its true, we are not speaking thousands of boards...i'm not talking real economy of scale in here: Kessler needed a bigger line of prod than their warehouse, and Nidecker is a good size host there at Rolle.

there is bigger factories when you need numbers in thousands, and its about then that you are asking yourself, as a brand, to go abroad and check factories in austria, tunisia, china etc....

I can only wish to Kessler than one day they get so big that they need to go abroad...

N

Hmm, I only hope Frank (Virus) does not grow so much (Sorry Frank!!!) that one day he has to outsources the construction of my board(s). I know the same guys at Virus put together my boards for the last 5 years, means they selected and laid out all the different sheets of material, hand selected the wood core and put it all into the press. When coming out of the press, checked the boards flex and overall quality and make the final decision if this is really what Ray wanted! After that, it will be send to me... Not sure or even closely convinced if I would get this kind of product when a board is manufactured in a big production line… But that’s sure why Virus is a true custom shop, "individualism to the highest level" when requested by the customer. What I am looking for!

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers

This is a harder concept for most to understand and a good analogy will be the difference between BMW 530 and M5 or an Audi A6 and RS6.
That is a great quote Bola, but then I start thinking why buy a Koenigsegg when I could get an RS6 wagon. Both tres expensive but the cheaper one provides just as much thrills and I can have a road trip in it with many boards, boots, passengers and a kitchen sink. Also in reality how many people get the most out of their car (board), not many I think.