Note to New Members ×

Skiing magazine..Rocker info

Bordy

So there is some fun stuff in this months skiiing mag about rocker and what it has done to snow slidding, and how it works, and what are the options.

They also named Shane McConkey the most influential skier of all time.

Shane was for sure one of the funniest dudes I have ever met, his out look and talent was unmatched, his off the hill antics were unreal, many off my skiing friends tell stories that are legendary!

Shame to see some lame ass on this site hacking a quote from him..........just breaks my heart and shows the level of repect some tools have.

I enjoy what stein has done but After meating him several times, well... He is a jerk, and he still doesn't allow snowboarding becuase he feels it is substandard. Stien helped mold the 70's..........but he never pushed the boundrys like Shane, he just had money to fund things after skiing his ass off in race courses

I enjoy what stein has done but After meating him several times, well... He is a jerk, and he still doesn't allow snowboarding becuase he feels it is substandard. Stien helped mold the 70's..........but he never pushed the boundrys like Shane, he just had money to fund things after skiing his ass off in race courses

Pushing boundaries...got to add Phil Mahre and Jean Claude Killy to that list.

3389912806_fcb15e48cf.jpg?v=0

I miss him. Sad that he's gone. Last I saw him we were getting him some of the special Tyrolia bindings he used for wingsuit flying (yes, just like - if not the actual - ones he was using when he died).

As much love and respect as I have for him, I'm sort of skeptical of the whole 'most influential ever' moniker. He has definitely helped make dramatic changes over the years. I wouldn't have fat rockered skis if it weren't for him. But I have to say that even Warren Miller is probably a more influential skier in the overall view of skiing history. He's influenced a lot more people to get out and ski than Shane has.

Saucer Boy Rules! - If you haven't seen MSP's Claim, go buy a copy. Shane resurrected the Saucer Boy character, plus the whole movie is amazing.