Note to New Members ×

Anyone heard of Grommel?

photodad2001

I came across a Grommel on E-bay and did a search for Grommel snowboards and they do have a sight. After reading the specs it sounds as if there is now a company designing boards for softboot carvers or carvers that like flat angles. These boards are wide! A lot like a Donek Blade. And they go for the cost of a softboot board too. Just bringing this to everyone's attention.

I came across a Grommel on E-bay and did a search for Grommel snowboards and they do have a sight. After reading the specs it sounds as if there is now a company designing boards for softboot carvers or carvers that like flat angles. These boards are wide! A lot like a Donek Blade. And they go for the cost of a softboot board too. Just bringing this to everyone's attention.

gromelsnowboards.com check the spelling.

He appears to be in your state? POWELL, OH,

Yes, he is a member here at BOL. Posted recently. The boards appear to go by two names? Russian?

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26837&highlight=katana

This board is brain new and was made for extreme carving.

Katana

http://cgi.ebay.com/GROMEL-KATANA-Snowboard-Alpine-Extreme-Carving-174_W0QQitemZ260501307273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowboarding?hash=item3ca7167f89

post-198-141842290174_thumb.jpg

They are Russian.

I exchanged couple of emails with the guy, a bit before he posted on Bomber. They are very enthusiastic and proud of their product. We'll know more about the performance once a reputable rider has reviewed the board.

He pissed me off a bit when he jacked up the "BIN" price on one of his boards, AFTER I expressed interest and asked him few questions...

They are Russian.

I exchanged couple of emails with the guy, a bit before he posted on Bomber. They are very enthusiastic and proud of their product. We'll know more about the performance once a reputable rider has reviewed the board.

He pissed me off a bit when he jacked up the "BIN" price on one of his boards, AFTER I expressed interest and asked him few questions...

Blue, you are referring to the Ebay auctions?

One of the auctions closed and has been removed, was it that one or the most recent one that is still up?

I hate it when that happens. "Make Offer" can do the same thing. It is often abused in numerous ways.

Their history if interesting, hope they step up and play nice.

• 1 year later...

Yes Gromel is in the Columbus area. It is a one person garage shop just now. The owner is Russian and he made snowboards when he lived in Moscow in the 80's. Over a few years and a couple of countries, he is making them again. And yes, he is very enthusiastic. I have one of his used boards, a Katana. He made a new one for a friend who is at Snowtrails. Don't have a review on them yet. He is mostly interested in EC boards but says he will build most anything you want. My board and my friend's are more of the EC type, wide. The board that I have has a some carbon in it. He is working with titinal just now, building some boards for the world cup in a week or so in Telluride. More later.