Note to New Members ×

F2 Siberpfiel vs F2 SL Equipe vs F2 SL WC

michael.a

Its like buying a car but much much worse :)

Does anyone have any personal input on these boards?

I have not been on any of the new f2 stuff but the WC is metal right?

go with that I'd think.

never liked the silberfiels perform like a detuned and dead madd 170 without the snap.

I guess it depends on what you wanted to do with the board...

I like the Silber. Holds great edge, has the rebound, somewhat damp but not dead - livlier then the ful metal boards, quick edge to edge, hooky. It is pretty much carve only board, biased towards hard pack.

The new F2 SL shapes I didn't ride, but they are based of Kessler KST, like all modern race boards and I did ride that. It is a more versatile board, carving, "slarving", bumps, soft snow, no problems. However, it has lot of taper and decamber, so you have to concentrate more on finishing your turns. It has lot of edge hold but "loose" feeling vs. Silber's more locked-in feeling.

New SL shapes are also a lot wider then Silber, ~20.5 vs. 18.5, so your stance angle prefference would play a roll too.

Cut the long storry short, I'd rather have a new school SL as my only board, but I'd rather have Silber as dedicated freecarver (providing that I also had an all-mountain board of some sort).

I have a Speedster SL 163 WCE from the 07/08 season. It seems to be a middle thing between a classical shape and a new school shape (new nose shape, but not really much decambered; a bit of taper, radius a bit under 10m).

I like the board quite well, but coming from older Burton Factory Primes the board somehow feels softer (the core is thinner than that from the Burtons). So it could be a bit more aggressive for me, but still it holds an edge well and it´s a very comfortable ride.

About the metal construction - maybe somebody has more details about this, but there is only a very thin metal layer visible under the topsheet and the board is not as heavy as a ´real´ metal board, so I´m not sure whether this construction can be compared to an SG, Kessler, Apex, Oxess, etc.

Yea from what I gather its not metal metal like the other offerings in the WC.

Im looking for a tight carving machine that can kill the ice and chop on narrow slopes, as thats 60% of what I ride on. I have a Donek all mountain 172 with a 10m sidecut thats a bit too soft though, a 5.7 on Doneks scale. I need something shorter, similar sidecut, but stiffer

Almost set on the SL WC 163, but Wintergold, how much do you weigh? Im 180 or so

@BlueB - as I said, I´m not really sure about the construction of the WCE edition. Maybe the weight issue doesn´t matter ... ;)

@benttech - I´m 175. The new 2010 shape has changed considerably - radius went up from 9.7m (on my model) to 12m, the board has more taper and a real decambered nose. I´m sure that these are nice boards, but I like my boards a tad bit stiffer, although not too stiff. If you are set on F2, I would definitely go for a WCE board!

benttech

if you look for ice -machine, conatct Bruce and check whe you get you own Angry :ices_ange

the next generation madd 158? :) i talked to him about it, but the delivery date (i think feb/march) put me off, plus im in europe so i have to take into account shipping and that f2s a dime a dozen here. jack michaud said he would be doing a board to board comparison when he gets his, cant wait :)

Zinal is in my dreams, I dont know if I can afford it just yet :) But thanks for the invite

I decided to go into debt for this month and ordered a 163 WC SL, let's see when it gets here. Thank you all for the advice

Is it a 2010 model?

It would be very nice, if you could post some impressions, when you get the board and have tested it :ices_ange

Because sometimes the F2 boards don´t have the best reputation, but I guess that only few people have actually been on the latest WCE F2s.