Note to New Members ×

The Sugarloaf Sticker

Jack M

The distinctive blue Sugarloaf triangle makes its way across the globe on a regular basis, thanks to legions of die-hard Sugarloafers, as documented on Sugarloaf's website... but this one I think takes the cake....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarloafsticker/4011387795/

hey, are there any more of the "ride me" ones around?

or if someone wants to make some....

Bro, the photo is touched up.

This took me 7 minutes and I had to create the "sticker" from scratch. And I'm a Photoshop hack.

???

I was saying that there were old sugarloaf stickers that I liked, slightly OT

but I have not seen them in awhile.

Photoshopped? Perhaps, but it looks to me like the sticker is rotated slightly ccw, and also that it is not facing perpendicular to the camera, so I think it could be real.

Dave.... disrespectful to who??

Not a chance. See the hot spots (reflections) all over the chair? The light should bounce the same way off the sticker.

Also, there a dozens, if not hundreds of photos of soldiers posing in that chair. Not one of them shows any sticker or alteration of the chair. I guarantee they were under orders not to deface it.

Dave? I think he's a Saddam supporter. I'm pretty sure Dave's a common name in Iraq.

Not a chance. See the hot spots (reflections) all over the chair? The light should bounce the same way off the sticker.

Also, there a dozens, if not hundreds of photos of soldiers posing in that chair. Not one of them shows any sticker or alteration of the chair. I guarantee they were under orders not to deface it.

Dave? I think he's a Saddam supporter. I'm pretty sure Dave's a common name in Iraq.

LOL... hah :eplus2:

That was what I was getting at. Its kind of like if someone put a AlJazira or Falafel sticker on the lincon monument and took a pic with it.

Defacing a national iconic thing just shows a lack of respect for what it represents to the people of that nation, and makes us americans look like asses. A lot of americans really don't understand how bad our reputations are and how we are thought of in other countries.

Atleast Obama is trying to fix some of that a bit in the political arena..... hopefully others will catch on.

Ha, I just realised that Sugerloaf also belongs to Boyne Resorts! That means 10 day free pass for me when I decide to go East...

The throne sticker looks photoshoped - perspective is not quite right.

Sinecure is on the right track! I'm all for hotties. Red "snowpants" are great ;)