Note to New Members ×

Carving Masters 20X - it gets bigger and bigger

McFussel

@Ladia: I'm sure the UFC will be carefully examined..

If you're interested: I posted a review on the 183 UFC on http://www.frozen-backside.de/thread.php?threadid=3695 and a few statements here in the review section http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29624

First one is in German, I can give you a short translation if you want me to.

Hi frunobulax

Of course I read yours and John’s reviews, but you guys rode 183. This is too big board for my taste and resorts I am ridding. From the pictures I saw the board has big side cut, so I think even shortest one would make great board for everyday ridding.

It was the first carving event I ve ever attended, but it was absolutely worth of it! Lots of great people with very useful advices and all the demo boards. All the new school stuff was great, however, I´m not experienced enough to make liable a review of a board, but I can tell I fell in love with Oxess hardcarve 185, 15,5cm waist, 13m sidecut and titanal in it:1luvu: I ve never tried such a narrow board, but it was amazing

the only one wich beat it was Oxess worldcup 178. Definately the most versatile board i ve tried at the carving masters.

....there is nothing better then approx 300 carving maniacs on a glacier......:ices_ange

It was definitely great. For firsttimers as well as for the Sölden-inhabitant-carvers. Definitely too much to go into all details, but it was a mighty event.

Lots of manufacturers joined personally like Rabanser, Goltes, Pureboarding, F2, G-Force, Sense, SG, Apex, Plasma, Oxess and Virus. Also retailers offering tuning tools and bindings, as well as imported boards like Prior and Donek.

What I personally think was the greatest, is that both Deeluxe and UPZ were there themselves, and brought the whole lineup in several sizes to try out.

Weather was OK but Sunday foggy. Basically icy in the morning and slush shortly after. Ideal conditions :ices_ange

Incredible event, with great parties, major high level carving onslope, and it sure was like a big family alltogether. What a spirit !

I might edit in some Pics later.:biggthump

Pictures? Reports? What's going on over there?

Ed and Jasi have won the titles. Incredible performances. But both contests were very close. The overall riding level gets higher every year. I had to learn that riding flat and fast on the Rettenbach in medium conditions (partly icy, partly slush) is just enough for the round of the best 20...

Ed seems to use the slope only if is it inevitably necessary for turning. Most of the time he flies like an eagle..

And the girls seem to have closed the gap. One could hardly tell when the men's contest was over and the girls' started. Unbelievable.

There will be footage from the contest, but please be patient.

It was a great, great, great event.

Who won the title 'Carving Master' this year?

Curious for those on the other side of the pond with East and West coast sessions. What does "Carving Master" title mean. What type of challenge is it and how is it judged?

Looks like you guys had a great event.

Habt ihr wirklich 300 Carver bei dem Event gehabt? Das ist Super!

The Competition is kind of some Fun and Style comp.

All riders carve down the worldcup-GS opening slope in soelden in a 1 to 1 KO system, and a Jury of 3 persons (Producers / Racers / fellow Carvers, depending who has time. In the last 3 years we had: Joerg Egli (Pureboarding), Alexis (GForce), Matts (Alpinepunk), Sigi Grabner , Ben (2x Carving Master), Margit, Al and Rene) judges, who was going down the hill better than the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Ace, you got mail.....

@all

here is a low resolution movie online...

http://freecarvers.com/shredders/video/gallery/CM20X

working with Thomas to get a more detailed version online...

but might take a while.

and some here from my Helmetcam, a day before the event.

also in low-res untill I can upload it to Vimeo in HD

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7536744/Carving_Masters_2010_a_day_before_the_event

have fun watching:biggthump

Eric