Note to New Members ×

HELP!: is there a doctor in the house?

phillipsbro2

HELP!: looking for a board cosmetic surgeon in cny or new england?

pics attached this time!

hi fellow carvers, -

looking for recommendations in central new york or new england - a repair shop or person. first - the story:

i f***ed up my pure carve board (wrenched the tip). trying to slow down through a tight spot - locked into a turn - straight into some moguls - NO CHANCE, DOWWWWWN! surprisingly no injury (to me) and NO COMMENT from the peanut gallery (chair-lift) RIGHT above me!!!! some of you will NOT be surprised though when i tell you this happened at holimont - they just don't DO that there - impressive! this was the weekend joerg ('the machine') came to visit...

anyways - i got to the bottom - 'doc buck' commented - "what happened to your board?"

well the tip flexed so much on impact that the metal edge sprung out from the starting point at the tip about 3-4 inches. the top sheet is bent back a bit as well. i do not think (amazingly) the tip/core split or cracked. there is no visual evidence of this and the flex is still strong and silent. thank you pure carve for a solid board!

i need to find a shop - or person - in cny or boston area that has the expertise to fix something like this. i don't trust doing it myself. anyone know of such person or shop?? if i do not find anyone - i will ask donek, coiler, prior if they would take on this repair job...

thanks for your time - your help is MUCH appreciated! post reply or email or call, -

---- christian ("ms. february" in donek 2009 calendar).

superlight743@hotmail.com

post-1734-141842286019_thumb.jpg

post-1734-141842286021_thumb.jpg

post-1734-141842286023_thumb.jpg

Yup, Mavericks are things of beauty and probably were ahead of their time, back then... I've got one myself, the woody one. I worked hard to find one, wanted to check what the hype was all about and to have it (woody) as the show piece. It is kinda fun as AM board and in softer snow, but I have at least 10 boards that perform better... Even Rossi's of that era, that Maverick was shaped after, have more hi-tech stuff inside.

Fix the board yourself, so it doesn't look ugly and to the wall with her. There are couple of great boards in the classifieds in the 300 or less price range, that would outride the good old Mav.

I agree with the others fixable but I just don't see the point

even a volkl RT or 02 proton are better boards and I don't even like either of those.

for 150 to $200 you could find something used that's better, for 300-400 you could find something used that would rock your world. a Prior or coiler metal board for example.

fixed. :D

I agree with the others fixable but I just don't see the point

even a volkl RT or 02 proton are better boards and I don't even like either of those.

for 150 to $200 you could find something used that's better, for 300-400 you could find something used that would rock your world. a MADD 180 for example.