Note to New Members ×

Need a lift?

Scott

Hey, I just got a new Madd 170 but it is too narrow for my stance. It was suggested I use some lifts under my bindings so I don't drag my mondo 30 boots as a sea anchor. Are lifts available for TD2's and how high can you go before it gets too weird? Or just sell it?

That's what I kinda expected. I do want to ride that board though. I love the 158. I have a Madd 180 that's a lot stiffer, haven't been on it yet. I don't think it will ride like the 170.

I guess I will take some pics and move this thread to the classifieds.

Hope to hear from you all next week:biggthump

Curious Scott. How much narrower is the Madd 170 than the 158 and 180cm ??

TD3 provide a fair amount of lift/ F2 "Flex" version provide allot of lift. Hint, buy a set of TD3 Elastomers and center discs and "BINGO" , you are higher. If you can use 6 degree cants , they would help provide clearance also.

I love the 158. I have a Madd 180 that's a lot stiffer, haven't been on it yet. I don't think it will ride like the 170.

I guess I will take some pics and move this thread to the classifieds.

Confusing... if you have a 158 then you can use the same stance to ride the 170

If it's new you can't advertise it on bol but you uncannily, already have two buyers;)

Lifters (palmer,kessler) can raise you 5/8ths" or 1" and make a big difference if yer close to booting out... but weigh a ton

Yes, both boards may have a similar width but on the 158 the back foot is more over the tail where it is wider. On the 170 the stance is closer to the narrower part of the board.

Are td3's higher than td2? .

As to selling it, my intent is to see if I could ride the board, but if it not going to work for me I would rather sell it before it touches snow. That's why I asked here if lifts would work. No big conspiracy

Yes, both boards may have a similar width but on the 158 the back foot is more over the tail where it is wider. On the 170 the stance is closer to the narrower part of the board.

Are td3's higher than td2? .

As to selling it, my intent is to see if I could ride the board, but if it not going to work for me I would rather sell it before it touches snow. That's why I asked here if lifts would work. No big conspiracy

The cant , or base has a much thicker elastomer on the TD3. So, Yes, you would be higher off the snowboard and this might help you.

You would not need to buy a whole new binding if you didn't want to. All you need to try this would be the elastomer and center disc. Everything else would work with them.