Note to New Members ×

WTT TD2's step-in Heels

crazy702squirrelette

OK i get it! sorry that i haven't edited this yet, Ive been swamped with school.

I would like to trade my TD2 SI heel and toe blocks for a set of standard toe and heel blocks! I need to do a SI to Standard conversion.

Here is a pic of the heel receivers and i will have one of the toe block as soon as i get my board back from the tuners! I hope this clears things up!

post-8271-141842285953_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
NO i want to do a SI to Standard conversion. There for I need standard TOE bails.

Curious. Do you plan to use SI Toe bail for a Std Heel bail??

It appears they may be different part numbers.

Both folks involved in any trade should be aware of that.

You know all the parts you seek are still available at the BOL site?

The cost difference between the Intec heels and the toe levers is about 8$ per set? Perhaps that is one reason know one is jumping at your offer?

you need toe bails and heel bails. The toe bail on the step-ins is not the same as the heel bail on the standards.

For simplicity's sake, just trade toe and heel blocks (everything above the base plate).

the way it was explained to me was that the toe bail of a step-in could be used as the heel bail for standard, that its the same part. knowing such, i would simply have to get the standard toe bails for every thing to work properly. I know it can be done since a friend of mine has done it with out any problems.

Curious. Do you plan to use SI Toe bail for a Std Heel bail??

It appears they may be different part numbers.

Both folks involved in any trade should be aware of that.

You know all the parts you seek are still available at the BOL site?

The cost difference between the Intec heels and the toe levers is about 8$ per set? Perhaps that is one reason know one is jumping at your offer?

Ive looked at the BOL site and after totaling the amount needed to purchase the parts I would need, I found that I can not afford it. That is why i hoped to simply trade with someone.

the way it was explained to me was that the toe bail of a step-in could be used as the heel bail for standard, that its the same part. knowing such, i would simply have to get the standard toe bails for every thing to work properly. I know it can be done since a friend of mine has done it with out any problems.

Hey, do whatcha want, but it seems odd that there are two different parts being sold here, no?

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindings/parts_bails.cfm

FYI:

a step in toe bail CANNOT be used as a heel bail. And a heel bail CANNOT be used as a SI front bail.

They are a slightly different bend and will NOT work. You will come out of the binding and be injured.

crazy702squirrelette: your best bet is to do what Brian suggested and do a full swap.

Or give us a call/e-mail and we can see if we can help you out.

Good luck!

You are no more screwed than someone who only traded you a toe bail would be... then you'd both be hosed. Luckily, if you just trade complete toe and heel block assemblies it is a piece of cake.

Shawndoggy and I did this last year. I gave him two sets of SI toe blocks and heel blocks in exchange for two sets of standard toe blocks and heel blocks. You keep the base plates, cants and e-rings that you currently have. Stay patient, someone out there will be willing to swap. :)

Worst case scenario, I'll buy them back from you and you can find some standards to purchase.