</div>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://sportstracklive.com/script/widget.js">
</script>

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1367554435668" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1367554435668" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Ran into MJ at the bottom.

The Two 200's worked well!!

797281963_8mFmN-M.jpg

post-198-141842305076_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305078_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305079_thumb.jpg

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1367554435668" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1367554435668" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>

Ran into MJ at the bottom.

The Two 200's worked well!!

nice Bryan !

nice Bryan !

I kinda felt for the poor gal at the end riding along trying to sort out her goggles. Go back and follow her from further up. She probably should have just stopped cleared the goggles and then enjoyed the rest of that excellent powder run. She was probably afraid her over amped boyfriend was going to be STEAMING at the bottom for holding him up. We are such dumbsh!ts. The bottom half of the run was REALLY good pow. MJ just "Hangin" at the bottom enjoying the glow that a good untracked pow run can give you. He was riding with like 6 people having a blast!!

The Sandman is an excellent hardbooters pow / carve board. The rocker makes it really very easy and manageable on all sorts of snow surfaces.

Dan, really nice photography!! You need to bring your camera more!! Very nice shots.

Thanks Bryan. I like to find the best composition (for lack of better words) for my pics. Learned from all my photographer buds. You do a great job in my book too. Been out of town lately on family business. Hope you guys have been tearing it up. Next day up may be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

Dan:biggthump

Hi Kram, cool. Hopefully we can hook up at MHM. I pretty much decide in the am if I am going for sure. However, Mon and Tuesday are my regular days.

Bryan

Will you have email access on the road?

MHM has a couple public computers in the lodge, you could check that morning to see if anyone has posted they are coming. Do you have a FRS radio?

I may or may not have Internet access. I will have my laptop but I will be car camping until I get to Bend. If not I will look at the ride board at MHM

Kram, I will look for you at Meadows Monday. I plan to be there, Jim just emailed saying he plans to go. Hopefully we can all make some turns together. Are you by yourself this trip? Bryan

Get a MHM Map. We will likely be on Vista or Shooting Star Lifts.

I will be at the chair lift by 8:40AM. So if you are just pulling up at 9AM , I will be riding. I will try to "Lap" Mt Hood Express chair for at least one run in case I can pick you up on the first lap. Then I will probably move on to other chairs.

FYI

Sounds like a warm day Monday.

PS. They do have a public free wi-fi in the lodge.

post-198-141842305659_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305661_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305663_thumb.jpg

5 Alpine riders at MHM today!!!

Even had a special guest from out of town. Kram (Mark) from Montana.

Tinks, Jim M, Dan L and myself. Snow was unpredictable. One of those days it looks really smooth, but the snow cone shaved ice top hides rougher ice underneath? Found a few good runs and put some grooves in them.

Photos:

Incredible Sunrise this morning.

Billy Boardy Jr??

The Gang

post-198-141842305723_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305726_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305728_thumb.jpg

Jim's Intec cable snapped!!! Talk about service!!!!!!!!:smashfrea

(Kram "So wouldn't it be easier to just get a new cable? How long you guys been doing this routine?) Montana humor ;)

Hangin in Hood River Meadows entrance. Snow was buttery corn over on the south side. ;)

Debriefing :)

post-198-141842305731_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305735_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842305738_thumb.jpg

Met Randy K. and wife on the hill today. Good to see him back and actually doing great. We rode till about noon with the best run being shooting star ridge. Good day for big GS turns.

Look who's back pic.:biggthump

That is the BEST news!! Randy looks great!! Thanks for this update. Look forward to making turns with Randy and the gang soon!!

Curious how much good the 1" did for the groomers? Anyone go up on Monday. Looks like the sun came out!

I will go up Tuesday if it sounds decent in the am.

Jim, you back from Sno Cat adventure?

Randy? Love to see you carving again.

I will be up also. For those of who do not have passes like myself if you buy your ticket online it is $25 but you have to buy online this is for the 9th only let's ride

http://www.skihood.com/Store/Products/Tickets-and-Equipment-Rentals/Tickets/25-Open-to-Close-Lift-Ticket-Tues-March-9

MHM Snow Report stated 1" in last 12 hours. It was more like an inch an hour? Couple inches at least from Sandy to MHM. It pretty much shut off when we got there. Ice underneath the fresh snow. Cold dry snow was a test of your wax. Good fun in a mixed day of groomers and fresh snow. Mike T, Dan L, Ross and myself enjoyed winter again!!

Nice snow today from about mid Cascade all the way to the bottom. Had lots of solo runs on north and south canyon. Couldn't seem to hook up with the Bryan crew today, they had to cry about bad wax (ha). Anyway, Thursday is the next day up with Randy K. in tow.

Where's my bindings? Does a guy gotta beg to spend some $ ? I need the four hole plate.

Later,

Dan:eplus2:

post-8706-141842306935_thumb.jpg

:)

I will have a set of OS2 Standards with 4 hole plates for you next time we meet. :confused: ;)

We did quite a few laps on Vista when it opened , then Cascade when it opened. Mike just couldn't seem to get enough powder!! We really had fun running Ross through the wringer!! He did really good in the powder on a alpine board he had never ridden before. :biggthump

Thanks for grabbing one of the posters. Evidently they pulled them all down yesterday. Bryan