Note to New Members ×

where can I get carving lessons

Guest stoked

alpine? freecarving? racing? huh?

If you know a school that knows these terms please post the info here or mail it to info@stoked.at ...

I'm building a page where all schools that offer alpine snowboarding instruction can be featured free of charge.

So that riders can easily find a school where they can learn to rail a ride :)

Thanks a lot,

Bernhard

If you are in Bozeman and want to make some turns and take your carving up a notch give the Bridger Bowl Snowsports school a call and ask for a lesson with me.

I've been riding for since 1979, carving for 15 years, teaching for 5 years and I'm a AASI level III instructor.

Even if you aren't loking for a lesson stop by and ask for me and we'll do some carving or hit the steeps.

Dave

Guest Randy S.

Squaw Valley in Tahoe has a couple of people who teach and are carvers. They also have an Alpine Snowboard team headed by Mort Nyberg.

Snowperformance runs periodic carving camps in various locations. Snowperformance.com

I attended an awesome racing camp put on by a number of US World Cup Team members. That looks like it is going to turn into a regular event. WorldLocals.com should be up and running soon (its in the works).

Oh, and if you are at Mt. Bachelor in Oregon, you should look up Doug Dryer. He's a great carving (not racing) instructor and a great guy. Plus he has a stable of more than 60 carving boards. He doesn't work for the mountain, so look him up before you go.

For those in the mid-atlantic region, Ski Roundtop in Lewisberry, (south central) PA has several alpine snowboarding instructors - alpine, freecarving, and racing. We also have the Ski Roundtop Race Club if you are looking more for the lifestyle than just instruction.

We have instructors who represent all three levels of AASI certification.

Ski Rountop, PA - 717-432-9631 - ask for the ski school.

When you call, alpine or race lessons must be specified.

Hi,

there's a page draft online now in the "Snowboarding Resorts & Schools" category of the "Links" page at stoked.at ...

Schools that offer more than basic instruction can be featured like the Vail school with text and up to 3 pictures.

Schools that have at least one or two instructors on alpine boards can be listed by nation.

Schools that think hardboots are totally unsuitable for beginners or that freecarving can be taught in softboots can be featured for 300 US Dollars a month.

It will be some work to create this directory so it would be great if I could get website or email adresses to contact schools.

Maybe if you are in touch with some school that offers alpine snowboarding instruction you can tell them about the option to be featured at stoked.at free of charge.

And if you are a school official please contact info@stoked.at

Thanks a lot for the info so far would be cool if you could help further with this as it would result in a good resource for everyone.

Since stoked.at is based in Austria I will first focus my own information seeking efforts on Austria so your input is highly appreciated to cover schools worldwide.

Thanks again and best carves to you,

Bernhard

http://stoked.at

PS doesn't matter if schools push alpine riding or not what matters is if alpine instruction is available.

Originally posted by D-Sub

bro..what the hell is your avatar? someone conked a grizzly with a keg?

found it on the internet...

I am called "Grizz" by some, and I thought the picture was funny, although cruel...I used it as a team logo for my fantasy football team at work, and decided to carry it over...

Hi,

I posted replies that don't actually name a school or that I didn't check out for details so far on an extra page that is available via a link on the main schools page at

http://stoked.at/snowboarding_resorts_schnee_gebiete.html

thanks a lot for further info please write to info@stoked.at that is if you work for a school please send official info thanks!

Bernhard

I am also going to start something at the BOL site. All the instructors who contact us will be eligable to have their name put on an "Instructor Search" which will be searchable by state/resort. It will have their name and contact info, plus their credentials (Level III, etc). I have so many people ask me this question it's unreal, so thought I would do something about it. Gald to see someone else is doing it too! Thanks !

Guest stoked

I didn't notice before but I reached Fin after I started this thread and we might end up with stoked.at focusing on Europe and Bomber covering North American instructors in detail which would be a cool way to go I guess.

Originally posted by ncermak

found it on the internet...

I am called "Grizz" by some, and I thought the picture was funny, although cruel...I used it as a team logo for my fantasy football team at work, and decided to carry it over...

but...what is it?