Note to New Members ×

"you Might Be A Boler If:"

www.oldsnowboards.com

When you know the real answer when a skier calls out "What the f... is that!!?" as you walk past on the way to lunch.

When you spot only one other person on hard boots & carver at a ski resort on your latest trip, and immediately go up to him, shake his hand and start comparing boards etc. (Riot vs. Prior WCR) as if you were long lost friends, to the complete bemusement of his wife!

(Both from last week in NZ)

SunSurfer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..when you're excited that tomorrow is one day closer to the end of summer, you have 3 boards down on the floor tinkering with angles, stance, working on edge sharpening, wearing your boots in shorts and enjoying the fall breeze eeking towards us..and people are starting to email you about trip planning for winter

when you are standing at a shuttle stop at a place you've never been before and out of the blue some guy just pulls over and yells out the window 'hop in and we'll head to the mountain'... because he recognized your plate bindings.

Thanks buddy in Winter Park... wish I remembered your name! Steve?? Anyway, TVR knows you.

when you are standing at a shuttle stop at a place you've never been before and out of the blue some guy just pulls over and yells out the window 'hop in and we'll head to the mountain'... because he recognized your plate bindings.

Thanks buddy in Winter Park... wish I remembered your name! Steve?? Anyway, TVR knows you.

Sweet!!

..when you're excited that tomorrow is one day closer to the end of summer, you have 3 boards down on the floor tinkering with angles, stance, working on edge sharpening, wearing your boots in shorts and enjoying the fall breeze eeking towards us..and people are starting to email you about trip planning for winter

What kinda wax are you going to put on them? Hard or soft? Playing it safe with "Universal" aren't you? :eplus2: ;) :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

every time you see a " Directional Traffic Controller " you think "Tail Protector"

The look on their face as they watch the "Curly Fry" of P-Tex roll off the bottom of their ski/snowboard :eplus2::eek:

One of you machinist / handy man types got time to build a few of these??;) TrikerDad, this has your name on it.

post-198-14184228548_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842285481_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842285482_thumb.jpg

every time you see a " Directional Traffic Controller " you think "Tail Protector"

The look on their face as they watch the "Curly Fry" of P-Tex roll off the bottom of their ski/snowboard :eplus2::eek:

One of you machinist / handy man types got time to build a few of these??;) TrikerDad, this has your name on it.

I modeled one up several years ago but never had them made. I could probably get some made pretty easily. Check out post #20 here.

I modeled one up several years ago but never had them made. I could probably get some made pretty easily. Check out post #20 here.

Hey Randy, those would certainly be a great start!!! Stainless would be sweet, but probably harder to work with.

Email me directly perhaps? Thanks, Bryan

post-198-141842285495_thumb.jpg

My concept is to link a toothed 'don't ride up on me' bar to the step-in binding on my rear foot. I step out... spring loaded teeth pop out into 'protect' mode. :eplus2: To retract while on the lift I just tap the mechanism with the toe of my boot so I don't perforate myself if I foul up getting off the lift. :biggthump

Tail Protector has moved to another thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...