Note to New Members ×

What is the oldest gear you still ride?

Derf

Sold my other asyms - still have a '93 m6 but haven't had it out in a couple of seasons. Those things work great in the pow too!

Saw Chris Carrol riding one of those 24-7 boards a couple of years ago in Aspen. I think it was a 185. It looked like it had seen many-a-run over the years - and still seemed to work quite well for him!

Originally posted by P06781

I measured the Ride , It has a 19.5 waist width. It is still a sweet all-around board although well used and t-bolted .

see pics

Jim

This is exactly what I remembered. Wow, it's width is normal compared to modern freecarve boards, but back then, it seemed so narrow compared to other freecarve boards who were in the 21-23 cm range! If I'm not mistaken, there was also the smaller one which was red.

I wonder if we could say they were the first to com out with boards this narrow? The other ones I could think of are the Nitro Scorpion and the Burton Stat. Any ideas?

Derf

And I also forgot that my jacket and mitts also date from 1995. Yes, they are still good shape, and no holes in the mitts. The only thing is a the side that was getting used from carrying my board with the edges against the jacket, but I try to be more careful now.

Derf

Originally posted by CarvCanada

hehe it's not a one-piece is it?

Hell no!!! But it is the pullover type that you pass over your head (meaning not a full lenght zip, only half-lenght). And no, the colors are not fluorescent! The colors are similar to what you find on modern clothing.

Derf

1994 Madd 158,

Marmot clothing circa 1990

1985 Denon headphones

the second pair of prototype cateks- so far the discs have been updated to the 2nd generation after I crashed and twisted the prototype light blue anodized discs that were not released to the public. The bail handles have been replaced. But the bails- toe blocks as well as the carriages are all original.

My 1982 Sims leash off my SIMS Fe150 pro .

________

Perpetual insurance dicussion

Still on my early 90's PJ 6 mostly, when I'm not on my Asym Air. Love both of them, though I admit; between the cracks developing in the boards, my boots falling apart, and my bindings offering little stability, I'm in dire need of a new setup. ;) I didn't ride much after college (wife, house, kiddo), but I seem to be getting back into it more. Might spring for newer used stuff this year. (I say this now as I'm in the middle of buying a new house, and after just returning from an Alaskan hunt. :rolleyes: ) Hehe, I've learned to duck when I see my wife reaching for the rolling pin... ;)

post-755-141842198526_thumb.jpg

Guest thefishinmagician

Checker Pig - Swing 6

I have no idea how old it is, but it was my bro's first board and I inherited it in '98. At that time it was already pretty much an antique. Still rides like a champ though. I did have to drill some holes and add some t-nuts last season after the front binding pulled off of the original drilled-in screw holes. Great for powder days or when you just feel like cruising in retro style.

checker.jpg

~Adam~

• 2 months later...

The scorpion was definitely one of the first narrow symetrics; I used to ride for them, and made the mistake of geting the asym the first year (when they were still either 5 hole or topsheet). Broke it, and went to 2 scorpions, which I still have! awesome boards, and also 19.8cm wiasts I think.

Also, have a nitro EFT from 1991/92 season.... haven't ridden it for a while, and a brand new unused nitro epic 1992/93 season board... ready for bringing back out soon. Both will need T bolting though to take 4 hole bindings I guess.

My brother also has a moss (which he still rides) - this has to be the first super narrow board I've seen; 195 inch waist, asym; moss is a japanese board company, and it came out in 1990/1991 season. It has the super super tight radius nose shape on the toe side, so permanently sends up a small stream of snow right into my borther's face most of the time when he is riding on the toe side. And it is unbearable in tracking, due to the width and asymmetry; in fact it is the only super narrow asym I've seen, probably because Japanese have small enough feet to be able to ride it at 50 degree angles without overhang.

Bring back the Look Lamar trickstick and the K2 gyrator; the 2 ugliest boards I have ever seen!!~!!!

Kip