BlueB

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

funny I went softwheel sliding last sunday with a bunch of people after some practice I started hitting a textbook toeside pendulum slides...getting huge cheers from everyone on the hill was a huge ego boost:eplus2:...I can't wait to pic up my double tap on friday....I will be a slide god

What slide is a "double tap?" unless I'm misunderstanding.

The longer board (not the flower print mini) is a Double Tap....this setup (board and wheels) is the closest I have come on a skateboard to reaching the same feeling as a snowboard. I mean seriously this board is a freeride machine it slides like a snowboard. Turn and push and even an old fart like me can do 4 wheel drifts on a thought. I spent all day today riding it on a slide hill (wheelabrator) just giggling as I threw frontside and backside standup slides like I was 20 years younger....

NEWSODA.jpg

The longer board (not the flower print mini) is a Double Tap....this setup (board and wheels) is the closest I have come on a skateboard to reaching the same feeling as a snowboard. I mean seriously this board is a freeride machine it slides like a snowboard. Turn and push and even an old fart like me can do 4 wheel drifts on a thought. I spent all day today riding it on a slide hill (wheelabrator) just giggling as I threw frontside and backside standup slides like I was 20 years younger....

NEWSODA.jpg

Specs of the board?

Indy/core 215's with venom bushings?

what wheels are those?

Specs of the board?

Indy/core 215's with venom bushings?

what wheels are those?

Clutch Double Tap

L: 40” (39 15/16”) or 101.5cm

W: 10” rail-to-rail (25.2 cm)

Drop: 5/8” (actual 21/32”) or 1.6cm, aggressive bends, zero wedging

Wheel base: 30.5” or 77.5cm

Concave: ultra comfortable design for sideways stance effectiveness, flat center to graduated radial. Deepest point just over ½” (1.5cm)

Drops thru: Randal 50 & 42, Paris 6 hole, and others. (no Bears)

Fully symmetrical

Materials: standard = 9 ply Hard rock Maple, 10 ply by special order.(I have a hemp stringer added which provides a Damp Ride without making it feel dead)

yes those are Core/Indy 215 hybrids 87a Venom Eliminator boardside 81a Venom SHR barrel roadside This is a LOW setup and unless you are comfortable with Indy's I would recommend 50º Randal 180's

The wheels are Hesher Snowballs also a Soda Factory product and can be ordered at the same time as a board (they are only available from MHS or the Soda Factory) with the proper spacers (0.300" compared to the more common 0.400") Essentially they are closest thing to the old 76mm Blue Kryptos

I am still in awe of what this board has let me do....I never though I would be doing the types of slides I was doing yesterday I figure I have at least 2 more months of skating before I can snowboard and this board is really gonna help my winter