Note to New Members ×

Prior FLC?

big canuck

I noticed this board on the Prior site a couple of days ago and it looks great. Have a look at hardbooter.com to give you an idea about the boards heritage (I may be wrong). I have also noticed lots of 09/10 board manufacturer's sites now open. The new F2's looks interesting. they also have been playing with their camber

Evolving of a longtime test series, we developed a new, self-adjusting camberline with progressive transition into nose and tail. It provides the board with a lively handling at low speeds and packs in the full grip in hard carving turns.
, interesting. Hurry up Winter!

I have just noticed this statement on the F2 site for their PGS board

Cost and convention be damned, for our fastest board we used everything which was good and expensive.
Were the receivers not called in last season. Now we know why, alpine boards will bankrupt your company. Damn you hard boot riders.

Huh... dual radius, hmmm? I believe Bruce uses approximately a tri-radius and I was under the impression that Virus did as well. Wonder if it makes any noticeable difference on the snow?

Otherwise look exactly the same as the Metals from what I can tell. I was expecting a little more taper than 4mm... I think Bruce was saying he's using around 6 on the VSR/NSR now? Not sure about the Schtubby though....

Good to see another manufacturer jumping on the multi-sidecut bandwagon!

greg

It says in the description that the tail is slightly rockered now. If he went through the trouble of re-developing the mold for rockered tail, I would imagine that he added a bit more rocker to the nose too...

Also, an inside information, watch for 4WD with rockered nose this winter!

"I was expecting a little more taper than 4mm... I think Bruce was saying he's using around 6 on the VSR/NSR now?"

Chris' numbers can be a bit misleading, so I found out. I believe he said he based his figure on the taper of the contact length. Actual taper of the board (the widest parts) is 12mm. I had to email him and find out what was going on. It bugged me that I couldn't get the "real" numbers and the ones listed on his website to match up. I eventually stopped trying to second guess manufacturers and just ride it. Turns out he knows what he's doing. Go figure. :D

And Boris, what I'd like to see is a 4WD with metal, longer SCR and a little stiffer. Oh wait, then you'd have a Schtubby. Oops.

Huh... dual radius, hmmm? I believe Bruce uses approximately a tri-radius

I think Bruce was saying he's using around 6 on the VSR/NSR now? Not sure about the Schtubby though...

NSR is dual radius, and about 20mm of taper, like Kessler. Schtubby is a traditional single radius board with about 4mm of taper. VSR is... well, more than two radii.

• 7 months later...
I noticed a lot of discussion, but not much actual feedback from riding on the Prior FLC.

Did anyone have the privilege of riding an FLC this year? What did you think? :1luvu: or :( or :confused:

Thanks!

Tenorman FLCM-183 with "special high camber":eek: & C5Golfer FLCM-173(?) with Maple Leaf 2010 (red white) graphic

Doug, Al any comments on this deck?

Cheers

RT

post-6136-141842309807_thumb.jpg

I noticed a lot of discussion, but not much actual feedback from riding on the Prior FLC.

Did anyone have the privilege of riding an FLC this year? What did you think? :1luvu: or :( or :confused:

Thanks!

Not only the privlege of riding one but also buying one. It is the narrow 173 and to answer your question - :1luvu:

only have 4 days of riding so far in soft very carvable snow - quite stable and love the ride...