Note to New Members ×

Mike Jacoby to join Mammoth Camp May 16, 17

Sean

All,

We had a last minute surge of interest from folks inquiring about the Mammoth Carve Camp next weekend so we were able to recruit ex world cup champ and longtime Snowperformance coach Mike Jacoby to join us on Saturday and Sunday. With an additional coach we will have a few more slots available, and those folks interested in joining us for just the weekend will be able to do so at reduced two day rates. If you are keen on joining in on the festivities please contact us ASAP by either visiting the Snowperformance Web site or by calling Gavin at 253-569-3713.

Cheers,

Sean

Mammoth Mountain all Mountain Carve Camp

May 15th 16th 17th 2009

Not quite ready for winter to end? If not, grab your deck and join us for some fun in the sun as we close the season out at Mammoth Mountain. Mammoth is known for its outstanding terrain and a plentiful late season snow base, which means in mid May we should have some great conditions to carve up the whole mountain.

We offer highly personalized coaching with 6-1 coach to client ratios, and with all terrain as well as gate training there are a great variety of training options available. Daily video analysis of your riding ensures our coaches help you elevate your riding to new levels.

Gavin and his Snowperformance staff have put a great package together with the mountain, with accommodations located steps away from the hill in the Mammoth Mountain Inn. In the evening you can enjoy the luxury of the Inn or wander down to the village and take in some of its superb restaurants and social scene.

Cost for the Camp is $950 which Includes:

• 3 nights slopeside accommodation at the Mammoth Mountain Inn (based on dual occupancy)

• 3 meals a day

• 3 days lift tickets

• 3 days Coaching in highly personalized groups

• Race and all mountain training

• Daily Digital Video analysis

• Stance and alignment analysis

Pass holder rate $800

Coaching only rate $500

For more details please log onto the Snowperformance site or call Gavin at 253-569-3713.

If you are considering this opportunity, jump on it!!

The chance to have an alpine rider of Mike's depth, knowledge and experience is indeed a once in a life-time opportunity.

Sort-of like:

Chance to do a round of 18 with Tiger

Shoot hoops with the other MJ

Ride a century with ..........

Put in the effort, Mike can definitely raise your level of riding up quickly.

Mike Jacoby (USA)

Birthday: May 20,1969

Birthplace:Bellevue,WA

Hometown: Hood River,OR

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 209

Jacoby triumphed in the '97 season, bringing home gold and silver from the World Championships. A rider for 17 years, Jacoby strated winning as an amatuer and posted three top-10s, including winning the SL and GS Championships in 1987.

Results:

World Championships:

1 '97 PSL San Candido, ITA

2 '97 PSL San Candido, ITA

2 '96 GS Lienz, AUT

19 '96 HP Lienz, AUT

World Cup Top 3:

1 '97 GS Tignes, FRA

1 '97 GS Whistler, BC

1 '96 GS Standing (5 wins)

1 '96 GS2 Kaprun, AUT

1 '96 GS LaBresse, FRA

1 '96 GS Kanbayashi, JPN

1 '96 GS Yomase, JPN

1 '95 GS Standings(2 wins)

1 '95 PS Standings

1 '95 GS Les Deu Alpes, FRA

1 '95 GS Calgary, ALB

2 '96 GS1 Kaprun, AUT

2 '96 PSL Kanbayashi, JPN

2 '96 GS Alpine Meadows, CA

2 '96 SL Pitztal, AUT

2 '95 PS Oberjoch, GER

3 '97 GS Olang, ITA

3 '96 SL Alpine Meadows, CA

3 '95 GS Kaprun, AUT

3 '95 PS Kaprun, AUT

3 '95 GS Mt Bachelor, OR

3 '95 GS Breckenridge, CO

3 '95 PS Calgary, ALB

US Championships

1 '95 SL Sugarloaf, ME

1 '95 OVL Mammoth Mtn,CA

3 '95 GS Sugarloaf, ME

5 '96 GS Mammoth Mtn, CA

Ahhh I can't wait, hopefully he'll turn me from a carving doofus into a carving hero :eplus2:

The key is "you get out of it what you put into it"

Listen, act, listen, ask, listen, listen, act.

What Mike has to offer can improve ANY style of snowboarding and ALL types of snowboarding. He is amazing, so fluid, so powerful, this only comes from riding at a world class level under all types of conditions. Not to mention he is just a really cool guy!!

Get next to him every chance you have, and listen. This is an amazing chance to ride one of the best ever snowboarders.

Mike is a great guy and great coach. Any one on the fence about going to this camp or not, should go for sure now that he is involved. You WILL come out with plenty of things to work on probably for the reast of your snowboading life.

Yes he is that good.

Wow after two days of SP I am riding much crisper and more confidently. A lot of stuff makes total sense now. Mike won't teach us the J-tear though :( would've been awesome to see a 40 something show those park rats a thing or two haha.

Wow after two days of SP I am riding much crisper and more confidently. A lot of stuff makes total sense now. Mike won't teach us the J-tear though :( would've been awesome to see a 40 something show those park rats a thing or two haha.

Couple years back we were rippin around and on our return to the base MJ dropped in the pipe with his alpine gear on. It was a real treat!! I did too but just carved the sides. I did follow Mike into lower Heather on my Tinkler 203 on a 12" pow day once though. He definitely inspires me just following him. Good times. Glad you had fun and improved!! :biggthump