Note to New Members ×

Summer Quiver

Gecko

50* plates up front on those randals? How many degrees is it wedged?

Yes, 50* plates. The front-most Randal had one Khiro soft riser + 3* Khiro rails. The second Randal had one Khiro soft riser. They didn't stay that way for long, but that was the setup...

In the normal configgeration running a single Randal or Paris on the front, I use one Khiro soft riser.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, 50* plates. The front-most Randal had one Khiro soft riser + 3* Khiro rails. The second Randal had one Khiro soft riser. They didn't stay that way for long, but that was the setup...

In the normal configgeration running a single Randal or Paris on the front, I use one Khiro soft riser.

Is that setup for GS?

I'm still trying to figure out the optimal setup for my Randal 125 on a tighter/slower HS course.

There's was a deal on the Fish for a Skennett/Skandal combo for $60. I tried to get it, but the kid selling it was kind of a punk. Ah well, I'll live without it, i'm doing this stuff for fun right now anyway.

I'm interested in trying to face my randal 125 down to 110mm or something, no spherical - I figure that's more maintenance and an extra something that might go wrong... heh

Is that setup for GS?

It was just something I wanted to try when I realized that I had enough mounting holes in the board to do it.

I wouldn't use that setup for anyting related to slalom, and doubt I would use it for anything else. It might work well for DH type stuff, but I don't really do that. Didn't see any benefit at all for slalom with 8 wheels, pretty much hated that setup from the get-go...

I'm still trying to figure out the optimal setup for my Randal 125 on a tighter/slower HS course.

I'd try 7 - 15 degrees of wedging for HS with a Randal. (Personal preference)

mini.jpg

Candyspanks Rockered Mini 28" x 7.75 x 18.25"WB

Ace 00's on Indy Stage X baseplates drilled Oldschool

Khiro Shock Wedge front, 1/4 Shock Riser rear

Red Translucent 66mm Zigs

Bones reds

this is the replacement for an Oak and Maple Vlam Mini that I've had in my truck for the last 2 years. Fun little board

So what is the practical purpose of the mini?

for sh!ts and giggles?

and also, Ace trucks? que es esto?

I've kept a mini in my car or truck for parking lot transpo for many years, and yes for ****s and giggles Mini's are fun to ride. Ace's are Stage 3 Indy's with a more precision casting and much better axels. Since Indy doesn't make 109's anymore and NOS ones are silly expensive Ace 00's are my fix

Finally got to shoot them all!

Left to rigth:

Landyachtz Wedge pintail, Randal/Tracker, Freerides 70mm 80a;

Vampire (by Andrea!) hyper-carver, Indy knock-offs (changed front base), BigZigs 80a;

WoodAl (by me) GS/LDP, Bennett/Seismic, Grippins 78a/84a;

Shloody (by me) SL, Bennett/Indy knock-off, Mini Hawgs 80a;

Landyachts All Star carbon, converted to SL, Bennett/Randal 110, ZigZags 80a/83a;

Hulk Shlong (by Doug) TS, Trackers RTX/RTS, Cambrias 78a.

Luka's DH Rossi (by me), Kryptonics 130 (changed rear base), Kryptonics 65mm;

Luka's jib board, plastic "Indys", no name wheels.

MIA: Surfrider cruzer, Luckys, Freerides - my friend borrowed it to learn, a year ago, and never returned...

post-1678-141842319416_thumb.jpg

post-1678-14184231942_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have longboard coming tomorrow but........I spent an hour in the park this morning only to return and find this on the porch......I hadn't planned on skating park tomorrow morning but I guess that has changed.

8.875x32.5 ....... 15ish WB

shovel.jpg

Ok I think it must be said sodafactory boards are addictive, I'm now up to 5....a bit of history on this board. A few months back I was at the Soda Factory to pick up a Hoodwalker and stare at the thread birthday boards and I saw this gorgous Sofaking which I thought my brother would enjoy for stand up paddling (bigstick) wouldn't you know it I was back the next week to pick it up....it sat in my living room for far to long and I developed a yearning to have one for my own....so I made what turned out to be a not so simple request from Rus "please make me a Sofaking like my brothers only Blond" of course I didn't think about how the Vlam aspen and mahogany would effect the ride but Rus does. What you see below is the result of Rus's artistry. Now before I go on I would like to try to explaining my fetish for blond boards. it's not because they are cheaper though that is a bonus, its because I really like the aesthetic of plain wood. Which isn't to say that I don't think the exotic finishes fabrics and woods that Rus uses aren't spectacular because they are (plus I did order a fabric topped mini) it's just that I would be so scared of destroying the art (though when I order a cruiser for my wife it will be one of rus's artworks) Anyway the first board of Rus's that I ever skated was a Biglazy on Revengers and Flashbacks and I know that for the last 3 years Rus has been trying to get to to embrace the slow carving life that these boards exemplify but it wasn't until I spent too much time looking at my brothers Sofa that it really took hold. Setup on this was more difficult that my brothers as Indy's aren't always easy to work with, of course my deep seated desire to run Gumballs also made for some difficulty (Flashbacks really would have been a easier choice) but with a 1/2" Riot sanded to 13/32" and a Khiro shock wedge everything worked out...this is a PLUSH ride. Pushing is oddly easy due to the rocker and the ride height isn't high at all. Paddling is awesome, my brother told me that moving around on this board is remarkably easy and after my first session I must agree. Carving is a dream and I can't wait to spend the day on the bike path at wheelabrator...

Sofaking.jpg

Coincidence that you posted a SUP board.... I'm sure Andrea will explain.

not at all I bought that board because I bought that stick....none of my other boards felt the same way the board my brother bought felt....plus I just love the way it looks

• 2 weeks later...

So, I left my TS deck (Landyachtz All Star), along with spare wheels and trucks, to my nephew in Europe...

Roy couldn't stand that I'm without a slalom board, so he hooked me up with a never used Roe foam/carbon deck, signed by Gareth himself. Just as this wasnt enough, he organised a mint Splitfire for me too! Thanks Bro, you are a star!

Here is the board all set up: Lemon/Lime Zigs, spaced out Split, spherical Bennett 5.0 (to be replaced by a 4.3 or 4.0, very soon).

First impression: very narow, very flexy, crazy turny. I might need extra holes for slightly longer wheel base.

Right after seting her up, I couldn't resist the urge to take her for a spin in drizzle. On the bottom of the 3rd run I had a massive slide out, resulting in nice scrapes on my arm...

post-1678-141842322009_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842322012_thumb.jpg

post-1678-141842322289_thumb.jpg

Gecko: What bushings are on those 215's?

They look very similar to the way I have mine set up

orange eliminator boardside, blue bitch roadside

that was Orange 80a Eliminators on the boardside and Blue Khiro Barrels roadside very loose....sadly too loose wheelbite slams suck its rolling on Purple 87a eliminators boardside and Blue 85 SHR barrels roadside. Still loose but no wheelbite

After few more runs, today, on the Roe as shown in the pics, I changed to 4.3 Bennett and dumped few spacers from the Split - much better. It amazes me how sometimes a narrower truck would have more stabillity (or is it traction?), then a wider counterpart?

Other then that, the thing is a freaking trampoline! Kinda nice and fast, with all that board generated rebound, wile in the tight rhytm, but scary when you want to change the line or open it up a bit...

that was Orange 80a Eliminators on the boardside and Blue Khiro Barrels roadside very loose....sadly too loose wheelbite slams suck its rolling on Purple 87a eliminators boardside and Blue 85 SHR barrels roadside. Still loose but no wheelbite

My elim/bitch combination isn't loose at all, unless you aren't tightening the kingpin nut to the "no slop point?"

My elim/bitch combination isn't loose at all, unless you aren't tightening the kingpin nut to the "no slop point?"

soft=loose, 80a bushing are loose for me...but I have also been known to run sloppy loose trucks which was the way those trucks were set up when they were on my Supercharger

• 1 month later...