Note to New Members ×

OT- at work

Aisling

Originally posted by Tommy D

Check this out!

http://www.schwinnstingray.com/index.html

The next best thing to having my own chopper! :D

Oh man, banana seat bike - mine was yellow with a black seat and a yellow "racing" stripe. Got it for my 7th birthday...my mom ran up and down the gravel driveway next to me that day until I could balance...

Anyone have the model with the top-tube-mounted 3-speed shifter? :D

joe...

Guest jeremiah

I had the 3-speed tube-mounted shifter, until it broke. I was SOOOO mad that I couldn't get replacement parts and had to change it to a wimpy thumb-shifter. I figured if idiots were dumb enough to rack themselves on the shifter, they probably were so dumb that preventing them from reproducing was a good thing.

Originally posted by joecarve

Anyone have the model with the top-tube-mounted 3-speed shifter? :D

I had that one. My most vivid memory of that bike was slipping a pedal while pedaling standing up... that shifter is just in the wrong place! I managed to father children, somehow, but it never shifted the same after that.

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill

I had that one. My most vivid memory of that bike was slipping a pedal while pedaling standing up... that shifter is just in the wrong place! I managed to father children, somehow, but it never shifted the same after that.

Yeah, you definitely don't want to mess up your...shifter.

The top tube on my bike eventually separated at the head tube from slamming down after popping too many wheelies. Sure, I noticed it cracking, but y'know, it wasn't all the way through, yet. Then I clipped that tree on a trail in a turn, so that the head tube angled back and the forks would only rotate so far. It would only ride in a left-hand circle after that...