Note to New Members ×

Phish is back!

Civ

There back, and on a new tour. They have the first three night available for free download at livephish.com.

Im not sure if anyone here is into them but I figured I should share anyway.

The shows are great, lots of energy...and tunes they have'nt played in ages!

There back, and on a new tour. They have the first three night available for free download at livephish.com.

Im not sure if anyone here is into them but I figured I should share anyway.

The shows are great, lots of energy...and tunes they have'nt played in ages!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I remember their last show ever.

gonna be one of those bands that does a tour every 3rd year claiming it's their last.

dead lite? Rather insulting...I think Phish has a great deal more musical ability than the Dead ever had. I think the comparison is more based on similar fan bases, not musical approach. There are very different if you listen to them side by side.

Also, I was at that "last show", and it was sloppy and not their best performance, they want to redeem themselves.

dead lite? Rather insulting...I think Phish has a great deal more musical ability than the Dead ever had. I think the comparison is more based on similar fan bases, not musical approach. There are very different if you listen to them side by side.

Also, I was at that "last show", and it was sloppy and not their best performance, they want to redeem themselves.

Go to your corners right now boys. (stamps feet )

I ain't gonna take that kind of talk about either one of my favorite bands.

They are different and happen to have some cross over audience.

Some are there for the fest, most are there for music.

Phish is great. The Dead is great. I sure do miss Jerry, and I am so psyched that Phish is on tour.

Already downloaded the first show over the weekend. 500mb of fun.

Been listening to some live streaming shows on archive.org and the other day was officially Grateful day all day here in the gallery. It was awesome.

cool, common ground with carvedog.:1luvu:

No disrespect to the Dead, of course they laid the ground work, but I get tired of the assumption that Phish is just some extension of the Dead. I never saw the Dead live(did see Phil Lesh and friends tho).

THe new shows sound pretty good too, but have a listen to YEM from the first show...funny to hear them make mistakes like that. But that opener of Fluffhead is super solid. The jams are still short of explosive, but that will come.

cool, common ground with carvedog.:1luvu:

No disrespect to the Dead, of course they laid the ground work, but I get tired of the assumption that Phish is just some extension of the Dead. I never saw the Dead live(did see Phil Lesh and friends tho).

THe new shows sound pretty good too, but have a listen to YEM from the first show...funny to hear them make mistakes like that. But that opener of Fluffhead is super solid. The jams are still short of explosive, but that will come.

Common musical ground no less. :biggthump

I was lucky enough to see the Dead a few times. Also saw Phish open their tour in Boise in 95 and in Missoula the next year. Both shows were awesome.

I don't need to compare the bands and/or pick one as the better band. I am really tempted to see the Dead at the Gorge this summer, but it's not a good time to be gone from here.

I'll listen to that first show again. The foibles are funny to me as it makes it more real.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/phish-shows-net-numerous-arrests/

All I can say is WTF? How do they confiscate $1,000 per person from the attendees?

I know there are probably a few people peddling and trading, but give me a break - a thousand bucks per - that is enough to buy a quarter pound of weed and handful of whatever for every single person there. Or more.

How do they figure this up?

Does not compute.

I love Phish, primarily for their musical genius. First show I saw was 1990 at the Somerville Theater just outside of Boston - about a 1200 seat theater. We were like 30 feet from the stage. They played a ton of Junta and I think Lawn Boy had just come out. They did the trampoline thing. The whole thing blew my mind.

carvedog, I think your math is off.

I love Phish, primarily for their musical genius. First show I saw was 1990 at the Somerville Theater just outside of Boston - about a 1200 seat theater. We were like 30 feet from the stage. They played a ton of Junta and I think Lawn Boy had just come out. They did the trampoline thing. The whole thing blew my mind.

carvedog, I think your math is off.

Of course it is. I is not smarter.

I was rounding down on the numbers of people attending as someone told me there were maybe 15 to 20K people there per night.

Nothing about this sounds right. Too bad they go after the musical venues so much. I guess it's easy pickins for the gestapo.

I had a good laugh at the numbers too. But really, it is just like the big pot busts you hear about...you know the ones 2 million worth of pot found...blah blah...well, they weight the plants and pot, and soil, etc....and then assign a over inflated value...like 15$ a gram or something.