Note to New Members ×

Slalom board for 180lb rider

SunSurfer

Looking for a second hand slalom board to suit me, a 180lb (80kg), 6 foot (182 cm) tall rider. Bindings not needed. Looking for approx. mid 9 metres SCR.

Looking for a board in North America, to be mailed to a Washington State, USA address, to arrive by 13th March 2009 at latest as my courier leaves for New Zealand on March 15th.

Payment would be by PayPal. I am NOT looking for something costing US$300+.

As an example, had my eyes on a yellow/black stripe Volkl RT SL 163 currently on ebay (nice board, barely used, currently at $76), but the vendor is only accepting bids from inside the USA.

Am trying to track down "skipatroll" on For Sale section who has a similar Volkl board, more heavily used, still noted as available.

Does any body else want to thin their quiver with the US winter coming towards it's end?

Thanks for reading this far!

SunSurfer

aj dot mckenzie at clear dot net dot nz

Thanks for the thought Big Canuck. Currently NZ$2 buys approx. $US1, but cost of a hamburger is about $NZ=$US so I'm staying below US$300.

I'll keep the Hooger in the frame.

Got a Volkl offer by direct e-mal from another Bomber member.

Awaiting a reply from Galen re his F2 Speedster SL, and the Coiler SL he has listed for sale at OES.

Awaiting reply on whether red Identity slalom board is still for sale.

Been offered an unused Generics IQ 162 as well via direct e-mail.

So lots to think about, and very grateful to all the people who have answered the call.

Cheers

SunSurfer

:)

Have discovered my courier has two luggage pieces to bring home already so no "free" carriage of an extra snowboard.

Recalculation shows that excess baggage charges(inside the USA, and from LA to NZ) + postage of board inside US is close to international economy freight price for a board to NZ.

I'll keep a general eye out for boards I'm interested in.

If someone is prepared to go to the extra trouble of freighting internationally, with the price below the $200 mark for the board, I'd be interested to hear from them.

Cheers

SunSurfer

• 2 weeks later...