Note to New Members ×

March 1st

Arclite

I shouldn't be commenting right now since I'm at school, but the gates don't open for another twenty minutes or so...

Some of the best advice ever given to me was not very technical, but it was helpful.

1) Imagine there's a 4' foot ceiling above you while you're turning. Stay low enough to avoid knockin' your noggin on it.

2) Concentrate on putting your effort into the front third of the board.

3) Look in the direction you want to turn instead of downhill. (I still have difficulty with this one on my heelside.)

4) Try to keep your shoulders parallel with the hill.

well i am in school for that matter.... :eplus2:

Since Aaron won't be riding with us on Sunday, you'll have to be the one telling me what I'm supposed to be doing..

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerry, Aaron, and Erwin, any advice for me?

One thing i can see on my heelside is that i need to keep my trailing hand closer to my front knee and within my peripheral vision.

I'm thinking at this point i've heard most of it and i just need more riding time under my belt, although if there's anything in particular that stands out in the pictures, please point it out.

Kerry, Aaron, and Erwin, any advice for me?...

Actually, I don't see any glaring errors in the photos. For a better analysis, I'd need video or remind me to watch the next time we ride together. But, from what I remember from riding with you is that you could probably bend your knees more. And that's applicable to almost everybody.

Actually, I don't see any glaring errors in the photos. For a better analysis, I'd need video or remind me to watch the next time we ride together. But, from what I remember from riding with you is that you could probably bend your knees more. And that's applicable to almost everybody.

Ditto on what Erwin said. That will help get your center of gravity lower. Another non-technical piece of advice I was given in this area is to try to grab your outside edge with your trailing hand. You don’t actually have to grab the edge, but in making the effort it forces you to get into a lower attitude, thus forcing you to bend your knees more – if that makes sense.