Note to New Members ×

March 1st

Arclite

What's your mondo size albert?

28.5 in the track 325s. the Suzukas are MP29. I lost half a size when i had orthodics put in and they gave me a lot more arch support.

I've been spoiled by conditions last Wednesday. I was pretty disappointed with what we had on Sunday. I would have prefered icy hard pack in the morning. Instead, we got slurpy mashed potato crap. It semi half way held an edge...

Now i know why the Colorado guys look so good in their videos. It's because they're cheating. I'd say 60% is snow conditions, and the other 40% is skill.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erwin, was up in Colorado. I believe he returned yesterday, Thursday. He did send me a text claiming he had his best day snowboarding ever when he took a snowcat excursion for a day. He will be too spoiled by the CO snow to ever go to Summit again.

Have you found out if he is coming up on Sunday?

Erwin, was up in Colorado. I believe he returned yesterday, Thursday. He did send me a text claiming he had his best day snowboarding ever when he took a snowcat excursion for a day. He will be too spoiled by the CO snow to ever go to Summit again.

Yes, I returned on Thursday. No deep pow, but the snow was velvety smooth and untracked. Snowcats are awesome! The pictures don't do justice for how much fun the day was.

This was at least a 10 ft drop. Too bad the photographer was a just a millisecond late:

2-25-09431_air1.jpg

2-25-09432_air2.jpg

Obligatory group photo

2-25-09318_group.jpg

I want to return for a "deep" powder day.

2-25-09395_turn.jpg

P.S. I won't be at Summit on Sunday. Gotta catch up on the domestic stuff.

There HAS to be a story about the dude with the missing tooth and the bibs on top.

Ahh look at that picture perfect technique. You're the only reason I don't cry myself to sleep every night.

Dude with the missing tooth is one of the guides/cat driver. All his front teeth got knocked out when he was a kid, fell off a rock climbing wall. Now, every so often one of the implants gets loose and falls out.

Dude with the missing tooth is one of the guides/cat driver. All his front teeth got knocked out when he was a kid, fell off a rock climbing wall. Now, every so often one of the implants gets loose and falls out.

sounds fun...

so can i put you down for tomorrow?

P.S. I won't be at Summit on Sunday. Gotta catch up on the domestic stuff.

Julian, just don't look at the pretty pictures, sometimes there is valuable information mixed in with the pretty pretty pictures

Erwin, glad to see you had a spotter on that one drop, never know how many people might be camped out below that drop in the back country!!! Maybe he was looking for a bear??? Did Dupraz send you some $$$$ providing you could get a great marketing shot for the company?? That group photo looks staged!!

Julian, just don't look at the pretty pictures, sometimes there is valuable information mixed in with the pretty pretty pictures

Erwin, glad to see you had a spotter on that one drop, never know how many people might be camped out below that drop in the back country!!! Maybe he was looking for a bear??? Did Dupraz send you some $$$$ providing you could get a great marketing shot for the company?? That group photo looks staged!!

Damn kids have short attention spans.

The spotter is one of the guides. There were blind drops all over the place. Some had soft landings, some had rock landings, some were 40 ft cliffs. A spotter was a necessity.

All group photos are staged:p We were waiting on the cat, might as well get a photo. The guides were joking that they didn't want the Dupraz in the pic, because they use K2 skis and snowboards.

Actually i did read what Erwin posted. I just thought the P.S. was part of his signiture.... :biggthump

Erwin is right there. I have taken a few off trail trips in my years of carving. Fortunately, I have never hit anything off the sides of the run. A few weeks ago I screwed myself up good at Bear Mtn, I decided to crash on the run rather than take my chances with one of those old growth pine trees that are 5 feet thick.

Bear Mtn wasn't kind to me or your dad that day.

For those who didn't hear

I fell off the the run of chair 7.... :biggthump

The fun part was flipping 3 times down the side of the run.

The not so fun part was trying to climb back up 30 feet of slush...

On one of our wet pow days, I had the foresight to think "I'll rip a crazy roostertailing toeside right underneath my dad!"

I didn't consider the fact I'd have to change edges and come back around.

"Dad! Throw me a pole! Dad? HELP!"

i guys, i'm looking for a board with similar caratteristik of sims fc 166, or a pair of bindings of that board! can you help me? more oriented to the binding, but i'will not esclude a nice new board with that caratteristick!

last week was still nice ride my ultra prime 180s have kill me! was not way want turn on front side!

well was a bit of my foult, was unwaxed, the blades rounded, and much more! :mad:

but with my sims was so great!

king this is a wark for you i need something llike that board even more longer but same cut etc. binding i will order the new td3 SI

what you suggest at uncle beppe?

i guys, i'm looking for a board with similar caratteristik of sims fc 166, or a pair of bindings of that board! can you help me? more oriented to the binding, but i'will not esclude a nice new board with that caratteristick!

last week was still nice ride my ultra prime 180s have kill me! was not way want turn on front side!

well was a bit of my foult, was unwaxed, the blades rounded, and much more! :mad:

but with my sims was so great!

king this is a wark for you i need something llike that board even more longer but same cut etc. binding i will order the new td3 SI

what you suggest at uncle beppe?

Anything that has to do with characteristics and statistics and facts about alpine snowboarding, Theo has a rant ready, waiting to bore you to death :lol:

IIRC, you're a physician. Spend your hard earned cash on a Coiler that will be customized to your weight (around $850). Email Bruce Varsava at "info@coiler.com" and ask him what he would recommend.

I'd recommend either a Coiler Sctubby 171 or Coiler AM (also around 170 cm).

It's been years since I've ridden a Sims alpine board, but rest assured, the Coiler will be easier to ride and higher performance.