Note to New Members ×

March 1st

Arclite

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advice: Aaron and your pops have set a good foundation for you, just as they have for me. (ignoring that flailing arm in my avatar. Sorry :( )

All that we are lacking are MILES. Stuff like toilet sitting I find are corrected mid-flight. Telling someone to not sit on the toilet doesn't do much. My dad saying "CLOSE UP!" usually gets me rotated the correct way.

As you can see, my dad is not anywhere near me in that picture; the umbilical cord has a limited range, guess my technique goes to hell!

And guys, when Andrea posts the pics of me, PLEASE give advice on what to work on this Sunday.

And I know the first thing on my list....toilet seat...

Advice: Aaron and your pops have set a good foundation for you, just as they have for me. (ignoring that flailing arm in my avatar. Sorry :( )

All that we are lacking are MILES.

And there is a reason I said "...WHEN Andrea posts the pics..."

As you can see, my dad is not anywhere near me in that picture; the umbilical cord has a limited range, guess my technique goes to hell!

See, the umbilical cord reference would work if we were talking about your mom....your dad however....doesn't work as well....

And guys, when Andrea posts the pics of me, PLEASE give advice on what to work on this Sunday.

And I know the first thing on my list....toilet seat...

Don't reach for the snow. You've definitely improved, and you're cranking the board over. Let the snow come to you. Also, when you reach for the snow, it's causing you to counter-rotate your shoulders.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16336&stc=1&d=1236059415

I think you need to drive your back knee into the direction of the turn. I think you may also be getting some counter-rotation on your heelside turn. You either have to face the nose more before you begin the turn (Bomber style) or give a stronger rotation through the turn (EC style). Pick one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=16337&stc=1&d=1236059428

These nice, clear photos make it a lot easier to analyze your technique :biggthump

awesome pictures Andrea. Thanks for taking and posting them up :biggthump:biggthump

I've never had any snowboarding pictures until this season.

For 4 days on hardboots, you're definitely looking good Julian.

Snow conditions were pretty crappy and slushed up, but what's nice about the pictures is that you can see the massive trenches that we're all leaving behind us.

:lol:

I like you Beppe!

But I was complimenting him in that post! He's incredible for 4 days on plates!

One of my videos on youtube called "Evidence of Carving" was MY 4th day on plates..Nowhere near his skill level.

I have to say, Albert looks incredible carving that Tanker. Definitely something to be said about that.

Who is that decambering the snot out of a Prior?

:lol:

I like you Beppe!

But I was complimenting him in that post! He's incredible for 4 days on plates!

One of my videos on youtube called "Evidence of Carving" was MY 4th day on plates..Nowhere near his skill level.

I have to say, Albert looks incredible carving that Tanker. Definitely something to be said about that.

Who is that decambering the snot out of a Prior?

I think your asking about Chris. We met him Sunday. He's a friend of Albert. Nice guy!

Uhoh...I'm back to being the worst carver in Socal.

Damn you Julian!

I try my hardest :biggthump

Don't reach for the snow. You've definitely improved, and you're cranking the board over. Let the snow come to you. Also, when you reach for the snow, it's causing you to counter-rotate your shoulders.

I think you need to drive your back knee into the direction of the turn. I think you may also be getting some counter-rotation on your heelside turn. You either have to face the nose more before you begin the turn (Bomber style) or give a stronger rotation through the turn (EC style). Pick one.

These nice, clear photos make it a lot easier to analyze your technique :biggthump

Um....Bomber Style? Never heard of it...

I think I'll try and follow EC style...:biggthump

great pics Andrea and Julian. Julian, you are indeed looking good for a few days on a hardboot setup but you are correct that there are some things that need to be addressed on body, head and hand position. I can;t get into details now as I am late for work. Comments to follow later.

I shouldn't be commenting right now since I'm at school, but the gates don't open for another twenty minutes or so...

Some of the best advice ever given to me was not very technical, but it was helpful.

1) Imagine there's a 4' foot ceiling above you while you're turning. Stay low enough to avoid knockin' your noggin on it.

2) Concentrate on putting your effort into the front third of the board.

3) Look in the direction you want to turn instead of downhill. (I still have difficulty with this one on my heelside.)

4) Try to keep your shoulders parallel with the hill.