Note to New Members ×

March 1st

Arclite

I'm not a fan of the SB shell at all. The fit is crap compared to AF for me. The way AFs flex is just better feeling to me.

Why do you need Intec compatibility? It doesn't matter until you get new bindings, and the Burtons that you have are great bindings. The plate on mine is stainless underneath, and I'm pretty sure you have the same.

I got TD2's :biggthump

and my base plates on my burtons were plastic

theo, in your tech class? I'm in my web class :biggthump

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have OS2s? Maybe not...all those Cateks look the same to me. Too hard to tell if they have a divot ring or not unless you're REALLY a gear geek! (or you're bent over examining one's bindings!)

So Aaron, when are we going to get to see you ride one of the asyms, taking a dump on heelside and riding stick straight on toeside?!

Funny story from Steamboat...My dad's cousin is a ski patroller (very high up in the food chain too!) and the second she saw I was on a carving board she said "Let me see the palms of your gloves!" which brought up the fact that my aunt has an old Hot Blast in the garage which she used to ride.

Another thing..don't touch your buckles when doing the boot cuff drill! :lol:

julian & c, i can't make on sunday, at work they have changed my schedule again! i'll we go tomorrow till 2.00 and then i will drive down to hollywood hills where i will work till sundey nigth! :mad:

kids you are young don't commit my misteks, don't became a doctor:nono: you will not have time for yourself never at list when you want!

choos something else!

sorry!

I'm not a fan of the SB shell at all. The fit is crap compared to AF for me. The way AFs flex is just better feeling to me.

I have both some old Suzukas and the track 325s, and i honestly couldn't tell the difference between the flex, although i only had 12 days on the Suzukas. The fit on the other hand was another story. I liked the heel cup of the 325s better (kept my heels planted in the boots), although the toebox is bit smaller and tighter.

Beppe (hope i got your name right), that's why you choose something like pathology. No call, ever, and normal 8-5 hours. There is no such thing as a pathological emergency - it can always wait until the next day. And trust me, i know all about the doctor schedule thing - it really does blow. Brother, sister, brother in-law, aunt... all doctors.

Haha what a stupidly written post I made! I get lazy on my phone.

The SBs I rode in felt like I was fighting the outside of the cuff in a certain range of knee bend. They may have not had the same cuff cant as my boots, but I had the choice of forcing the cuff laterally or having the inside of my knee hurt.

I'm told the AFs flex in an arc, so perhaps they are the perfect design for me. The SBs were great, but I think the AFs have spoiled me. Definitely a much larger volume fit, you can even see it in the thermo liners of the same size if you pop them out, the AFs look significantly larger for the same given shell size.

Haha what a stupidly written post I made! I get lazy on my phone.

The SBs I rode in felt like I was fighting the outside of the cuff in a certain range of knee bend. They may have not had the same cuff cant as my boots, but I had the choice of forcing the cuff laterally or having the inside of my knee hurt.

I'm told the AFs flex in an arc, so perhaps they are the perfect design for me. The SBs were great, but I think the AFs have spoiled me. Definitely a much larger volume fit, you can even see it in the thermo liners of the same size if you pop them out, the AFs look significantly larger for the same given shell size.

I don't think you're coming up on sunday are you?

Nah. Snowboarding is gay. I sold the Coiler to buy one of these. http://skiboardgear.com/

I was on heelside, maybe 20 feet from the trees, 80 feet of empty trail behind my butt. Traversing on heelside, just about to flip edges when I get wacked by something. Didn't even realize it until I saw my brother land on his (helmetless) head in front of me. Ride down, make sure he's okay. He says yeah, and goes on about how it's me, the downhill overtakee, (hey, that's a word!) who caused the accident because I'm unpredictable. This is coming from someone who knows how hardbooters ride..He's hit me the same way before too. Trying to pass in front of me on heelside. Explained to him..Pass in the direction I'm NOT going..PLEASE.

Long story short, he took a chunk out of the sidewall, topsheet, and titanal(!) in the nose about 2mm deep and an inch wide.

Shaved the color off the top of part of it (I had no clue his edges were sharp..) and blew about 6 inches by one inch of top sheet off about 8 inches in front of my front binding, exposing carbon and titanal. The topsheet is also bubbled in several places around there. He was going WAY too fast for his ability level the whole trip. And wearing his iPod the whole time..so that when I tried to pass him on the flats I'd yell "STAY LEFT"

And he'd go to the right..and I'd yell "I'M PASSING ON THE LEFT NOW" and he's go left.

Many times we were like "Where's Nate?" and he'd come down 15 minutes later saying "Where'd you guys go?!"

:smashfrea

Now BOTH boards I've bought have been hit and damaged. I hope the carbon is okay on the Coiler. It's only about 150 to get the topsheet replaced..350 to get it redone to the core. Good thing I don't have any money..:(

Ahh...you buy stuff, it breaks. Idiots break it, negligent people break it, you break it, your negligent idiot self breaks it. Who cares, I'm still stoked about that that trip. I wanna go back!

2cf8wnr.jpg

Aaron, you coming up on sunday?

Boys. I probably won't be making it up on Sunday, conditions were marginal for me last Sunday. Last Sunday might have been the end to my southern cal snowboarding, time to break out the skis!!

I am going to CO later next week and maybe I can sneek in a trip to Wooly Elephant later on in March.

I have both some old Suzukas and the track 325s, and i honestly couldn't tell the difference between the flex, although i only had 12 days on the Suzukas. The fit on the other hand was another story. I liked the heel cup of the 325s better (kept my heels planted in the boots), although the toebox is bit smaller and tighter.

What's your mondo size albert?

Julian, those are your padre's TD2s, he just let me borrow them to try out his Metal WCR. In fact, I still have your TD2 cant disks (discs, to cover my as*) along with the mounting screws for said disks (discs)

Oh, cuz he always said "i gotta remind Aaron to bring the TD2"