Note to New Members ×

might be done for the year

bobdea

to hear that. I'm no doctor and I have no clue as to what your ankle issue is. But you may want to check out Prolo thereapy. I've had it on both knees as has my son on one of his and my daughter on one of her's. All had good results. It is non surgical.

My issues were partially torn ACLS and medial colateral damage.

Just google it and do a little research and see if it might be for you.

All of my injuries were old and still responded well.

Check it out.

Good Luck and heal soon

to hear that. I'm no doctor and I have no clue as to what your ankle issue is. But you may want to check out Prolo thereapy. I've had it on both knees as has my son on one of his and my daughter on one of her's. All had good results. It is non surgical.

My issues were partially torn ACLS and medial colateral damage.

Just google it and do a little research and see if it might be for you.

All of my injuries were old and still responded well.

Check it out.

Good Luck and heal soon

I've had prolotherapy on both SI joints, seems to have worked very well. Actually I need a little more after the season - and will probably wind up it on my knee as well after a recent injury...

They say it's supposed to be quite painful, but I only found it as bad as having a filling done at a dentist of average skill level.

I've had prolotherapy on both SI joints, seems to have worked very well. Actually I need a little more after the season - and will probably wind up it on my knee as well after a recent injury...

They say it's supposed to be quite painful, but I only found it as bad as having a filling done at a dentist of average skill level.

Mike T It's good to hear that others have heard of Prolo and have had it with good results.

Our doctor was great. The results can be awesome. My son had an 80%+ tear of his ACL and two different surgeons wanted to cut and graft a new acl.

He opted for prolo and was running down mountainsides within three months after only two sessions.

I recommend that any athlete familiarize themselves with this procedure so that if the time of need comes at least they will know that there are SOMETIMES options to surgery.

Personally I also found the pain of the injections to be quite bearable.

Bob heal up soon.

Yes - Bob, heal up soon!

My SI joint issues have been around for a very LONG time. Possibly more than half my life. I have to guess that sitting in front of a computer so much since age 18 is a major cause. If you've ever been diagnosed with SI joint trouble then you probably know that very few doctors and other practitioners have any skill with it.

In any case my massage therapist was pretty amazed at how much change there was after the 2nd injection, as am I.

BTW there is some recovery time involved when certain joints are treated... my first injection took 2 weeks to recover from, the second one which was deeper and more aggressive, took 4 weeks.