Note to New Members ×

Wasatch Trenchin' Convention Changes

Skully

For those of you that don't follow the goings-on over on the Hardbooter.com blog there been some unforseen changes to the format of the convention on Feb 26 - Mar 1. Basically, Park City Mountain Resort has decided not to allow a demo tent on the hill. There will still be Demos available via Hardbooter.com, but they will have to be taken care of off-hill. We'll still be getting together and riding, but again, without a demo tent on the hill. For all the details of the changes see this post, and to keep up-to-date on ride times, and meeting places, just keep an eye on the Hardbooter.com blog

Utah folks,

OES has never had a demo tent and has always been a good time. In fact the OES policy has always been "there are no demos, but friends may loan friends their gear as they see fit".

I suspect WTC will be just fine without the tent - and, the organizers get to spend most of their time riding and sharing the stoke ;)

Dang, I was trying to get off work so I could make it out there this weekend. But for some reason, the military only gives us a certain schedule we have to follow. Gotta love being an activated Navy reservist! I guess it could always be worse. I'll just be stuck out here in Georgia for another 10 months, so I'll see you guys next year! Have fun without me and ride hard! Maybe I'll see some of you guys the next weekend when I do make it out there again.

Bordy, it was great to see you at the USASA GS/SL race at The Canyons! Thanks for the tips about the course!

OK, just talked to Dave and as of right now, here's the plan:

Thursday 2/26: Snowbasin. Get to the Parking lot Early.

Friday 2/27: The Canyons. We actually have a limited number of 1/2 price discount tickets available for The Canyons. First-come first-served as far as I know. Email dave (at) hardbooter.com to get in line for one of the discount tickets (I'll make him the boss of who emails him first, and who gets the discounts...). Meet in the lower parking lot at the bottom of the Cabriolet. I'd say at least by 8:30.

Saturday and Sunday, 2/28 and 3/1: As of now, these days will probably be at Park City Mountain Resort. Other resorts are a possiblity also. If you have any preferences, chat with us on the hill, or email Dave...

Feel free to contact me via my profile with any questions also...

Sorry for the delay in this year’s setup for the Wasatch Trenchin’ Convention. The blow dealt by Park City Mountain Resort and personal goings on have prompted a very loosely organized get together.

Thursday the 26th will be a ride at Snowbasin. If you don’t have a season pass or a day ticket already, just mention that you’re with the Hardbooter group and you’ll be extended a discount day pass. Snowbasin is a premier spot to carve in Utah. It’s got huge vert with well groomed trails and low density weekend and weekday population. The parking lot will look packed but the diffusion of daily riding participants amongst the large amount of terrain really makes the mountain feel as if it’s a small local mountain.

I'll have a few select boards in the truck for demo but you'll have to provide binders and boots. Hardbooter custom shaped Priors and a couple of Virus's for your enjoyment. We will not let you mount Cateks on HB demo boards so, over the course of the weekend, if you would like to demo a board from us, please provide a different interface or drop us a line and we might be able to arrange something.

I'll post soon on Fri Sat and Sunday details at Canyons and PC/PC respectively.

Arrival time for myself will be around 0815 in SB Parking lot. Give me a ring at 801-953-5115 for an exact 20. I'll have some tools and saw horses for early setup and operate out of a 1963 split window Corvette trunk. Ok, maybe a 1998 Ford Explorer. Let's meet at the base of of Needles Gondola in the resort plaza around 0900. Others will not be hard to spot with their alpine gear. See you there!!

Again, like Dave mentioned, we're "loosely" organized this year.

Anyway, Saturday, we're thinking about riding Solitude.

Anyone out there who is planning on riding with us Saturday, please check in with us and let us know what your preferences are. You can post here, leave a comment over on the Hardbooter.com blog, email dave (at) hardbooter.com, or email me through my profile and let us know.

S. Bullet don't you ride Solitude quite a bit? Where's a good place to meet?

Friday is at The Canyons. Again, we'll meet in the lower parking lot near the Cabriolet lift, roughly between 8:00 and 9:00. Again, we have access to a limmited ammount of 1/2 price tickets, but we need to know if you are planning on using one of those vouchers...

P.S. I've got a Rossignol World Cup Race 190 for sale. If anyone is interested and wants to pick it up at the WTC for a good deal, let me know.

Hey guys, I also suggested solitude to dave last weekend. There have been a little group of about 6 of us riding there every sunday and it is a great place to ride. Not a lot of steeps, but 2 really good runs that are steeper. We are down for riding there, Saturday or Sunday, we were originally leaning toward Sunday but we are good with whatever. We would like to do a little parking lot tail-gating/barbecue and bring our fleet of sticks. Arrive early and head for the far west end of the parking lot....Dave, you wanna make the call on which day?

Again, like Dave mentioned, we're "loosely" organized this year.

Anyway, Saturday, we're thinking about riding Solitude.

S. Bullet don't you ride Solitude quite a bit? Where's a good place to meet?

I posted to your Hardbooter address, but will repeat here. I'm fine with Solitude or PCMR.

The parking is a bit odd at Solitude. They take a highly organized approach. If we meet at the west end of the parking lot just above the Eagle Express lift, there is room for tailgating with Carve in Carve out potential. This can be quite nice for switching out gear because you are never more than a few steps from the slopes.

Great runs for carving off the Powderhorn and Eagle Express lifts. Diamond Lane stays good through most of the day....Perhaps I should not be revealing these secrets...ahem

Keep me posted on the plans.

sj

Yea keep your mouth shut Siver bullet,

Just kidding, so it is a Solitude Saturday? I think thats a great call, usually less crowded. Been having fun with the Sunday crowd lately Jarvis, Greg John?, Washington and Micheal from Germany. BBQ in parking lot GOOD idea!

Ron and Gloria

Hey all,

Nice to meet several of you at SES. Just wondering why ya'll picked The Canyons for Friday when there's a USASA GS/SL at PC that day? Would be nice to have you all come out and race, just for the fun of it--even if you're not a racer.

Hope to see some of you there!

We picked The Canyons on Friday (Today) because we wanted to get AWAY from the racer-heads. ;)

Just kidding Jeff. The choice was made due to someone generously donating some 1/2 price vouchers for The Canyons, and their choice was Friday.

It does look like Saturday's choice will be Solitude. I will confirm with Dave in a little while and update....

OK, the official verdict is Saturday will be at Solitude.

Sounds like the meeting place is at the west end of the parking lot near the Eagle Express chair. If someone would like to post directions, great, otherwise, just wing-it...

Tailgating? What time does the party start? :D

Sunday is still Park City...