Note to New Members ×

new metal

xy9ine

it's a wcr. clear topsheet & hammerhead nose. i originally ordered a 177 & assumed the stub version would just involve shortening up the standard nose, so the overall would be a bit shorter. as it is, they've retained the overall length, so the running length is considerably longer. i'm wondering if this will be the standard build for '10 (a longer effective edge was mentioned somewhere). anyways, i'm stoked. i'm not worthy, but at least i won't be able to blame the equipment any more.

prior1.jpg

prior2.jpg

edit - now with bindings!

prior3.jpg

I do believe we are looking at a 2010 spec WCR! The 2009's have a white topsheet. It looks great. Carbon fibre is just beautiful. Is it metal?

later,

Dave R.

yes, metal. i actually asked if they could do clear on a whim; the fact they had premade topsheets w/ the white logos suggests that it will be a standard offering at some point. interesting that the glass wcrs have two strips of carbon, whilst the metals have full coverage. no idea why, but cool aesthetically, nontheless.

Very nice. I love the clear topsheet. I have a standard '09 WCR metal and love the way it rides. Yours looks a lot cooler, and with the hammerhead nose and longer effective edge I bet it performs great too.

Is it the standard 19.5 width? It looks like it might be wider than that.

Very nice. I love the clear topsheet. I have a standard '09 WCR metal and love the way it rides. Yours looks a lot cooler, and with the hammerhead nose and longer effective edge I bet it performs great too.

Is it the standard 19.5 width? It looks like it might be wider than that.

width is 19.7. effective edge ~160, scr roughly 13m based on my quick calcs. specs seem close to the 183, only in a more conveniant package.

I do believe we are looking at a 2010 spec WCR! The 2009's have a white topsheet. It looks great. Carbon fibre is just beautiful. Is it metal?

later,

Dave R.

I must be slipping in my old age. I asked you if it's a metal board when the title of the thread is "New Metal". Nice one.

later,

Dave R.

width is 19.7. effective edge ~160, scr roughly 13m based on my quick calcs. specs seem close to the 183, only in a more conveniant package.

Nice specs. I think for me something about 10cm shorter would be perfect, 173 specs in a 167 length package, 20cm waist, ~11m sidecut. Nice and compact and turny enough for the small crowded hills I ride.