Note to New Members ×

Burton vs. Nidecker vs. Lib Tech vs. Capita

Wisconsin Lover

Has anyone riden any of these boards:

- Burton T6

- Nidecker Platinum

- Lib Tech Dark Series MTX

- Capita Black Death Inc

I am looking for something a little different than what I have now and want something lighter and faster for soft boot carving. I am just looking for some feedback on any of these boards regarding edge hold, speed, overall performance, durability, etc. Any feedback will help. Thanks.

Go with the lib tech no question

The magnatraction holds an edge like nothing else ( no joke even better than my kessler bx board)

The dark series is a little bit stiffer than most other libs which makes it a great all around board except if you like to ride park a lot. (* it's not bad in the park ..but its no travis rice 164.5)

The base on the lib won't be as fast as the nidecker or the burton ( don't know anything about the capita) but it is a lot tougher if you run over rocks and such. Lib tech quality is great these days. I havent had one fall apart in well over 10 seasons.

If you want a nidecker look for one of the older mbx boards they made I think 2-3 years ago. They are the only nidecker freeride I would own.

just mt 2 cents

The magnatraction holds an edge like nothing else ( no joke even better than my kessler bx board)

Out of curiosity - does the magna-traction board track differently than a regular board while carving (particularly on ice and hardpack?) I'm not interested in getting one but the undulating edge design always gives me the impression that although they must be grippy, that they may not track very well when they are up high on edge - can you feel a difference?

Just curious.

I know little of the nidecker but the others are all GREAT boards.

can't go wrong, I'd go with the one that fits your price range and the specs you're after the best.

I like the t6, I know a couple dudes on the capita black snowboard of death that love them and there's a few people here that like the Lib dark series.

one point to possibly consider is sidecut

i know of no other production board that has the sidecuts

of a nidecker

ex: their old megalight, 167, had a 6.5 sidecut

my 165 nidecker (2003) comes in at 7.6

most boards would be 8.5 - 9.5, at least

i suggest checking the specs on the other boards

i like the sidecuts on nideckers

pc

Here is my dilemma. I am riding a Never Summer Titan right now and it has a great sidecut, but a slow base and it is a tank. I like the weight and the fast base of the T6. Lib Tech's are just plain fun boards to ride. I had 1 many moons ago and it was awesome. However, it doesn't have a fast base. Nidecker's are great boards and a fast base. The Capita is a nice stiff board and the length to contact ratio is perfect like the Burton's, but it has a lower grade base as well.

I have sz. 13 boots so all 4 of these boards come in a wide. That is why I have pinpointed these 4 rides. I am also throwing the Nitro Pantera LS in the mix, but those are hard to find.

Out of curiosity - does the magna-traction board track differently than a regular board while carving (particularly on ice and hardpack?) I'm not interested in getting one but the undulating edge design always gives me the impression that although they must be grippy, that they may not track very well when they are up high on edge - can you feel a difference?

Just curious.

The magnatraction in no way I've found affected the way the board tracks through a turn. If anything the higher up on edge it gives even more control to turn sharper. It just digs in and sticks and gives you a lot of confidence on questionable conditions. It gives you the ultimate control under the feet (by adding more contact patch) It's kind of hard to explain how it rides other than amazing. You can drag your armpits euro carve style:) no joke..if you ride one...you will buy one

Just go magnatraction ...no banana tech unless you like to ride a snowboard like a skateboard...ie..... rails & butter box stuff

I had a Nidecker Platinum. It was a fun little board to ride. Shape-wise, they tend to have insanely deep sidecuts and short effective edges for their size. As you noted, their bases are fantastic (at least on the higher level boards like the Platinum) but I question the durability of the other materials. Their edges always seemed thinner than normal to me, and they tend to lose their camber quickly.

I own the Lib Dark Magne. Bought it here on BOL Classifieds and it's one of the best purchases I have made.

Amazing board! I've only ridden it with plates so perhaps it's not the best comparison to other soft boot boards. With HB's it's just a notch or two below my Coiler 172 AM Titanal. Just wish it was about 170 in length and was a cm or two skinnier! Mine is a 161Wide. I ride it around 50/45 angles. I use F2 Intec Titanflex bindings on it. Those are awesome as well! :biggthump

I've never ridden any of the other boards in your list. I have owned a Palmer Channel 165 BX and it was a nice board but not even close to the Lib as far as edge hold. I rode the Palmer with plates a few times and it was nice too. I sold it to my best friend and he loves it! I wouldn't part with the Lib though...

I will be bringing the Lib to SES if anybody wants to try it!

Here is my dilemma. I am riding a Never Summer Titan right now and it has a great sidecut, but a slow base and it is a tank. I like the weight and the fast base of the T6. Lib Tech's are just plain fun boards to ride. I had 1 many moons ago and it was awesome. However, it doesn't have a fast base. Nidecker's are great boards and a fast base. The Capita is a nice stiff board and the length to contact ratio is perfect like the Burton's, but it has a lower grade base as well.

I have sz. 13 boots so all 4 of these boards come in a wide. That is why I have pinpointed these 4 rides. I am also throwing the Nitro Pantera LS in the mix, but those are hard to find.

I now suggest a tanker wide in 167 or 177 witha foot that big

they are much lighter than the NS board and ride great everywhere.

• 4 weeks later...