Note to New Members ×

Fake ? ebay swoard 4sale ..

nils

I reported a scam a few years ago

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8529&highlight=donation+china

The items were boards and skis for sale on ebay China, with all the details copied exactly from ebay items in the US. Took ebay a couple of days to take them down, but people were seriousely bidding.

Now days people are more savvy, esp buying from China.

BobD

I have not used Ebay over the last 4 years. I logged in today to see what is going on and Ebay said that due to inactivity, my account has been locked for security reasons. There is a process to follow if I want to unlock my account again....which I will not do.

Peter

The same thing happened to me. What a load of bull -- they want me to fax them my drivers license, SS#, and !@# length measured in centimeters to re-open my account, which I've had for about 8 years, with never any negative feedback. Never mind that you only need an e-mail account to open a new account.

If that's how they want to treat a long-term user, fine -- I'm off to Craigslist.

After email exchanges and verifications in the database, the board is:

- genuine

- looks new ( its a board we shipped as gift / raffle for a SES)

- is not a gen3 but a gen2: seller just copied the gen3 description..

Price: find it a bit high for a gen2 now that gen3 is out...but i guess its negociable with the seller.

Lessons learned: despite bad clues, low rates of the seller, its a real board, real seller etc...we get very suspicious these days, so sorry for the seller if i raised wrong flags..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280306944357&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Nils