Note to New Members ×

Le Ralais PSL results???

philfell

Cold conditions both days. Long PSL with 35 gates.

The PSL results was a crowd pleasure:

Men: Jean-Marcel Dumont, local racer from Quebec city took the 3rd place for the men in front of Cody Ratcliffe from Tremblant

For the women, Ariane Lavigne from Tremblant finished first ( as in the PGS the previous day ) and Constance Boisvert, also from Quebec city took 3rd.

Pics from the podium:

post-7092-141842272436_thumb.jpg

post-7092-141842272439_thumb.jpg

Look closely and see if you all can figure out the TD3R difference. :)

Haha, I was already doing just that! The picture gets pretty fuzzy when you zoom in enough to see anything useful.

Looks like large surface area toe/heel blocks with rubber pads? The center disk is also black so it may be different.

Haha, I was already doing just that! The picture gets pretty fuzzy when you zoom in enough to see anything useful.

Looks like large surface area toe/heel blocks with rubber pads? The center disk is also black so it may be different.

the black stuff on the toe and heal blocks is duct tape care of mike trapp

PGS: Saturday was cold ( probably -20F early morning ) and windy before the start of the race. Race timing couldn't start properly so the girls had to wait for long minutes because of the delays. Most of the boys stayed inside since you could see the race from the chalet. Once started, temp was up slightly, winds dropped, everything went fine. Finals were on time. Unfortunately, Madeline fell in the semifinals and hurt lightly herself so she couldn't race the PSL.

PSL : Sunday was as cold but no wind. The race was more challenging and mistake happened more than during the PGS. Everything went fine, on time, finals started at 12h00 and finished by 1h30. Great team effort by race committee. By 2h30, the place was cleared and everybody were driving home ( or taking a beer ).

Cold weather advantage: the snow was very firm, slippage crew were efficient and the course stayed in great shape all day.

Le Relais, who held NorAm races since few years has a very easy access for public. This last pic was taken Sunday 2h30 from the parking lot ( off focus are parking lot fencing... ) You could see "shadow" of the race.

post-7092-141842272523_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update SuperBee.

Reminds me of a race PhilFell and I did at Whiteface, in Lake Placid, NY. Temps read 9 but wind chill took it down between -20 and -40. Willy bags were flying into the timing causing delays also. Women in speedsuits waiting around at the top for over an hour because the race crew kept telling them not to get dressed, we will run in 5minutes. I stayed in my warm clothes deciding not to race in the speedsuit for that one.

Ah, the memories.

Ink

I remember that one Ink. I wish I was as smart as you and stayed in my clothes that day. I was so damn cold in my suit I couldn't move, definatly cost me a few positions that day.

Phil,

Age has some advantages. You were 22 at that event and the speedsuit was the ticket for youth. I wanted to be warm enough to move so that I wouldn't be so far behind. I just found my VHS of that copied off of OLN. It is pretty funny.

Ink

Super cold down to -31c in the mornings. Sitting at home with blistered frost bitten toes as I type. Several athletes had black toes and others had to pull from the SL from frostbite during the GS. Great courses and lots of charging riders....