Note to New Members ×

F2 Ti race bindings (good?)

Call me jack

as I said in the other thread - very different design from TD2 - a good binding, just depends on what you like. For my money, I'd rather have a set of used TD2's or OS2's (going price is ~$225) than a new binding with plastic in it...but that's just one heavy guy's opinion

There are several here who swear by F2s, I think due to the built in flexibility of the design. Most of them seem to be sub-200lbs though.

I've seen racing the other day featuring some FIS rankers and many of them were using Kessler (no surprise here) and F2 race ti. Head stratos was another fav.

I was about to buy race ti until I've heard that Patrice Fivat broke 3 heel bails in a single season :eek: Why can't they make ti bail! Arrrgh!

For me, availability of spare parts (and ti bail, not to mention excellent customer service) was the main reason I chose TD2. Patrice Fivat over extremecarving.com broke 3 bails in a season. You might want to make sure that you can get some spare bails before you buy. Catek is selling them but they haven't got spare parts for F2 bindings yet and Scott is not sure when he'll get some.

I probably said this in the other post but I'm not sure which one you're refering to. Anyway, I've used those for however long it is they've been out, and I love them. I still have the original "proflex" branded ones, and they're still in excellent condition. I have an up to date set to, but they're basically the same.

They're simple and solid. You set them up and forget them. Compared with the US bindings (some of which kindly fund this site), they seem less fussy and lighter to me.

The word "plastic" covers a large range of things and does not indicate a weakness - look at how the binding's constructed.

I'm not huge and I use the smaller of the F2 models. I ride pretty hard for a small guy though. I've had no breakages or other trouble in years of days on snow with these. They're the cheapest/ best thing I ever bought connected with snow.

Try BlueTomato.at for spares, although I'm not sure what you'd need (yes I did read the rest of the thread: some people break bindings, some don't).

They've been sold under the Proflex, Raichle and F2 names. I've got the Proflex RS, which is the older version and quite light, and also the Raichle Titanflex, which is like the titanium but with a riser pad. I love them both, no problems at all. They're not as adjustable as the Bombers or Cateks, and not as stiff, but they work fine.